Cost to charge electric battery

Recently signed a 1yr bid at 8.4c/kw all in.

Getting killed through AC usage on a 2 story house (thankfully our garage is separate structure) but seemed like a decent rate as were working on acquiring a Bolt Premier on a lease xfer, saw a 2yr available for 8.1c/kw but I’m confident I can do better on our next contract…

Who is your electric company?

Thinkenergy.

Wow, it’s great they didn’t announce or release the 323e.

Using my example https://forum.leasehackr.com/t/cost-to-charge-electric-battery/135063/9?u=02cic, you are doing well with charging vs using ICE even at 12c per. Even better when it’s free to charge at work. Then, counting commuting miles only, it’s only about 25-30% the cost of using the ICE.

Depending on where you live that’s not always the case. In New Jersey for example it’s illegal for Costco or anyone else to have “members only” pricing.

So anyone can go to Costco without a membership fee?

Probably they don’t have the big gas discounts they have in CA.

1 Like

NJ has significantly cheaper gas in most areas to begin with, but Costco is definitely less. And anyone can access their gas stations, but you obviously need a membership to shop there. They are not allowed by law to restrict the gas stations.

Costco card has to be swiped at gas terminal. Attendant can swipe you in if you forget your card but it’s a hsssle and not always guaranteed. They called me on it once when I legit forgot it.

Costco gives a nice rebate at the end of the year so if you’re buying gas there you’ll likely get the membership fee back. And more.

If you buy discounted iTunes gift cards and resell them even at break even you’ll make $ in Costco cash. But that’s a different topic

That explains the huge lines they have for gas in my area. They are very popular. I considered the membership too but only for the auto program discounts since I don’t shop there or have any use for gas.

https://www.bizjournals.com/seattle/stories/2004/05/17/daily11.html

So what is the spread between their price and local average price now?

Today they were at $2.59. Most stations near me were about $2.75.

1 Like

In SoCal near me it’s consistently .60-.70 cheaper per gallon. That’s $6.00 per tank savings for my car. Wife’s car even more.

More math:
10,000 miles per year @ 2.75 / gallon, you’d save over $55 with the 2.59 price. Maybe not worth it if the spread is that little and the lines are that long.

But if the spread was 48 cents, then you’re talking $165.

Executive Membership (for the 2% rebate) is $120, so net savings is $45 (or almost $4 per month). It’s like having a $144 OL code in “LH Speak”.

(and there’s a $20 coupon for new Costco members)

Gas purchases at Costco are excluded from the 2% executive reward calculations.

1 Like

Another win for the sam’s club membership.

Really? We get 4% with the Costco credit card.

1 Like

You will get the 4% cash back with Costco credit card, but there is no additional 2% reward for executive membership like you get for the purchases made in-store or online.