Contract didn’t include # of miles

Hi all,

A friend of mine leased a Ram 1500 through a bank about a year ago and went back today to check the sale documents to see mileage allowed and overage fees. When the dealer completed the documents two errors were made. The first error was that my friend was given the dealer copy of the lease agreement, not the customer copy. Secondly, the dealer failed to include number of miles on the contract. What rights does the vehicle leasee have here?

Thanks!

1 Like

Call the bank?

1 Like

Look at his online account whether it’s CC or Ally, etc…I bet it is in his online account.

I would tell him to ask that finance manager, but you’d have to find out which Cheesecake Factory he went to after he was fired.

3 Likes

The issue then become is the mileage is, in fact, over does he have the right to ignore mileage limitations? We are pretty certain it is a 12k per year, however being as he never agreed to a set mile number in the contract. The truck is 8k miles over currently, and we are wondering if this could be a loophole to not pay an overage.

Cheesecake Factory? I wouldn’t hire that guy as a Sandwich artist.

2 Likes

The dealership has also been sold since this incident due to multiple issues like this from others we know. They also never closed the lease so we didn’t get to make payments until 5 months along.

In all seriousness, not sure what state you are in, but he needs to speak with an attorney.

Missouri. We are going to call the bank to basically let them know the issue here. Also, I saw the MF was .0026 which explains the insane payment. I normally don’t advise suing, but these people fucked the deal royally.

Ask the lender to produce a copy of the lease agreement

I would just go all “Forrest Gump” with it, when you reach one coast just turn around and head for the other.

1 Like

Back to my suggestion…why not look at his online account and see what it says? The lender wouldn’t have funded the deal w/o mileage bring in there. For my .02 from an internet stranger I doubt it is a loophole.

1 Like

The lease didn’t even close until 5 months after he took possession. The paperwork “got lost” and they couldn’t even have him make the payment.

Out of curiosity, did they collect 5 payments at that point?

Why isn’t your friend the one posting here?

Doesn’t have an account. And no, the dealership agreed to make one, bank made one and friend made 3.

Or email? Or a phone or computer? It takes 2 mins to register. Anyway

Some people like to read War and Peace, I like to read the last page first.

You should check his online account, and call the bank to get a copy of his lease agreement.

Spoilers: this :banana::banana: situation ends with your friend at a lawyer (no login required), where it should have gone in month 2 when the contract wasn’t funded and they couldn’t take his money, and his copy of the dealer’s lease agreement didn’t have mileage on it.

3 Likes

Why the flip flopping between “we” and “he” in each post? Agreed it’s odd you are the one posting and … odder with the vacillating pronouns.

Now that the payments are up to date nothing to do anymore about the 5 month delay - and as already said bank surely has a mileage amount in their system - that’s what it is unless you want to waste a lot of time and money and energy fighting it. Do you even need thousands of extra miles?

Closed per request of OP.