Considering a Tesla Model Y (Finance not lease)

This. I read three threads within 48 hours, one that said the newly required auto-bright mode in AutoPilot doesn’t lower for oncoming drivers, but only street sign reflections.

That’s when I knew Elon had someone push qa or dev to prod, and had the marketing department create some spin. I did for an LED company for years, so I knew a pile of marketing garbage when I heard it.

Ran to a Ford dealer. Never saw that coming. 2021 is weird.

1 Like

Finance it - use a credit union or something at under 2%. The difference is about $150 a month to own it. The lease option doesn’t allow buy out (rumors say some allow it now). Finance - no brainer - trust me - I regret leasing it cause I really want to buy it out.

3 Likes

Telsa formally changed the contract language in some countries to allow buy outs for 3/Y. I haven’t seen a recent contract in the US, but I haven’t heard of it changing.

100% agreed.

If you are going to get it, finance through someone like Delta Community CU. All it requires is a PIAG.org membership and I got 1.23% on a MY before noping out.

2 Likes

Actually really useful… my cousin Bernie loves golf and wants a new Sienna, thanks.

Any input for FL resident on a CU that will give same rate/benefits ?

I’m a NJ resident and through PIAG.org membership got approved 1.23% through Delta Community CU.

No need to be a Georgia resident, they just verify your https://www.piag.org/ membership due to being out of state.

1 Like

https://www.mycreditunion.gov/about-credit-unions/credit-union-locator

It’ll pull 50 times

Modern liter bike with experienced rider and quick shifter, yes. I’m a very experienced motorcyclist. I know what a fast bike is.

Bike’s are hard to get out of the hole quickly. A monkey could launch a Tesla Model Y Performance.

2 Likes

And you put a fake county ? And open an account as “education membership” for free ?

Thanks, but none of the CU that i know of offer that rate …

No? You put your real company and sign up for a vendor monthly membership. Maybe you’re a student, but I am not. I joined properly and sent over proof of payment to Delta Community CU.

One of the pull downs is specifically USA / United States…

Not student either … didn’t see this option, thanks :pray:

@Pad18 There are CUs that living in a state/county makes you eligible. You can join PenFed for $5. There are lots of options.

Have pended for years … not same rate at all…

But thanks.

Look at the used values of the S/X. The 3/Y used values are high due to constrained new supply. Longer term, Tesla’s resale has been fairly erratic.

The BEV market will be an interesting place a few years from now. Not sure I’d make assumptions around used pricing

Hi guys - I am looking to finance a MY, and it seems like several of you have worked with Delta Community CU. Their website says that APR is 1.98% for a 60-months loan…how were you able to get a 1.23% rate?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.