Connect Auto Insurance (Costco)

The only company I can say I have heard consistent positive things is AAA in Midwest and that’s only because you have 1 claims person you work with throughout the lifecycle of the claim. I had had no issues getting car repairs through Geico, travelers, auto owners

Been with USAA for over 40 years, and have had a great relationship with them, been treated fairly (though not always to my desire, but fair) and have always had service that exceeded industry norms. May not be the ‘lowest price’ or the ‘highest paid claims’, but they strike a good balance. I’ve always thought an operation that can be selective about their clientele would have a distinct advantage, and I WANT to maintain that ideal.

I reject the premise that all insurance companies with > 0 unsatisfied customers are equal.

That makes zero sense.

Thanks all for the feedback. I decided to give Connect a try.

I’ve filed 3 claims on ~20 years of driving and at the end of the day, 24% lower premiums for the same coverage was significant enough for me to pull the trigger.

1 Like

Yes-Connect is by far much cheaper than any other company, specifically if you insure 2+ vehicles.
I had a claim last year on my 2020 Tesla M3 windshield crack and they sent me a check after I submitted the Tesla receipt minus the $250 deductible, so everything was smooth and I made the claim online… I pay $427 now for just a 2022 Tesla Y with $250/500 deductibles (when I had the Wrangler 4Xe 6 mo policy was $650 for both cars, same coverages)
I stopped rate comparison since every other company was almost twice the rates than Connect

Thanks. Did they raise your rates at first renewal?

As I think I mentioned, I was with Erie a long time, but got a much better rate from Progressive. First renewal, 6 months later, they bumped it up 25%. Apparently it’s pretty common, I didn’t know that.

I can happily chime in and say Costco (Connect) is by far the cheapest and best insurance company I have had. Many cars and several drivers and the cost is stupid low. Every other carrier I shopped was more than double them. I have had one glass claim where they reimbursed me minus 250 deductible and it did take about 4-5 weeks for it but besides that, great claim experience.

1 Like

But… what other companies have you used and did you ever file a claim w/ them?

Nope-nothing raised at all, not even after my claim… great so far. I’ve had them since they were Ameriprise

I got Costso/Ameriprise when my son got his license at 17. I previously had safeco. When I got the safeco bill it was double what they had quoted for him. The deal was he had to pay the extra cost to get his license. I shopped around and Costco/Ameriprise was actually less than before he had a license. He has yet to ask why he never had to pay and he’s 24 now. We didn’t have a Costco for 150 miles then, insurance was the only reason we were members. He moved out of state after college, leased a new Taco and Connect rates were 35% less than any quote he could find. Rates have been stable. Only had glass and towing claims which went fine.
Progressive: had a off duty policeman rear ended my stopped car and His Progressive said I needed to use a remanufactured bumper cover. I had not made the first payment yet (a true no money down lease). While they argued about that I went on a two week vacation in their rental car and got new Honda parts. Every Progressive quote I have had has a new policy discount which disappears after 6 months guaranteeing a rate increase. Had a family member with Progressive get backed into by another person with Progressive also. They payed for the damage but left the fault for the accident as undetermined. That was a big problem when they tried to get quotes from other companies. Just my experience in WI.

2 Likes