Confused... I have 2009 Camry 80 K whith repair of 1k .. sell it off & go for new lease -MA

I agree. Get rid of that crap. YOLO!!!

Thanks Maguzma … yes thats one of the option.

Now i am again confused. :slight_smile:

Sell me the Camry as is. I’ll take a Camry with 80K on it, after I take it to a body shop with the newly disclosed accident :wink: How much and where are you located?

Maguzma - You a dealer? You sound like a dealer. “I got my friend into a new Buick Encore” sure sounds like a dealer. It’s also terrible advice. The smartest thing to do is repair the car and keep it.

I should be all the work I do for me friends but not. thanks for the compliment! A few years I got ripped off by a dealer and just like the old Hollywood movies I wanted vengeance (not to happen again nor for friends) so I got smart on the entire selling/purchasing process. In the interim I started using the skills for friends. From there it snowballed but in a good way (I enjoy helping people must game from my military experience).
Now with the Camry question to either keep or swap out for a lease. In the old days Camry where built in Japan using the Deming quality model and is why Toyota’s/Honda’s earned the reputation for maint free for years. But now same cars are built outside of Japan (like US) with not the hard quality standard as in the past. So I stick with my original statement is to sell old and get cheap lease for new (ensure build equity so at the end of the lease you have money to roll into new or sell at CARMAX and get some money in the pocket.

I can’t say I agree with you at all. Maybe I am missing something, but this is the way I understand it.

2009 Toyota Camry
-9 years old with 80k miles is roughly 8.8k miles per year
-Front suspension issue
-Car is paid for

And you say sell the car, in exchange for $2xx lease, and basing this mostly on your experience with 2009 Camry’s and their build location? I can’t agree with this. Here is why:

-The Camry has the title of best selling car in the US the last 18 of the last 19 years.
-90% of the Camry’s sold in the last 10 years are on the road.
-Book value is $7,500 in FAIR condition. This number is based on the lowest version Camry with zero options added.

I am sticking with keeping the car and making the repair.

Technically true to some extent.

It’s not safe though during emergency maneuver where your car is bouncing all over. Also your tires will get cupped. They too then become unsafe.

As others have mentioned, Shocks are not too hard to replace yourself, that’s what I would do. How do they get $1000-2000 out of you to replace some shocks. They must be doing more work than just shocks for that kind of money.

https://m.ebay.com/itm/Front-Rear-Strut-Kit-for-2006-2007-2008-2009-2010-2011-Toyota-Avalon-Camry/152231944880?hash=item2371bb22b0%3Ag%3AQt0AAOSw7tVa4Ky3&fits=Year%3A2009|Make%3AToyota|Model%3ACamry&_trkparms=gclientid%3DTxqpS5KewHT4aaJNlaSERyRQQVMvXbQZ0BNEg18kxjaTDkAYQgYGIdKdzhmw2MWe&_trksid=p2489528.m4335.l8656

Get these. Labor shouldnt be more than 300 bucks and im being generous. Stop going to pepboys or other franchise places such as tireplace or tirekingdom for quotes. Those places are known for upselling stuff u dont need.
Find a local reliable mechanic or shop. Ask your friends or coworkers. Theres no way that is $1000 to $2000 job.

1 Like

The longer you take, the more people you will listen to and the more confused you get. Shocks is not a big deal.

1 Like

Hi Denton you missed one point… that it had accident previously but CARFAX report is clean.

I brought from common friend. He told me that he got this second hand car from Dealer . Now i dont want to sell it to any other without telling this. really.

So may be continue with the same car by doing the maint looks good option. or else i am checking if any summer deals are going on…

wow these are cheap online…

Cheap but good enough to run you a good 5 years