Confused about “COD”

I promise I googled before asking — but can someone explain what COD means here, and how I factor it into the calculator?

(don’t worry I’m not taking this deal)

COD typically stands for Collect on Delivery.

The number could be dealer fees or a combination of things.

since I can’t see the rest of the sheet.
Sounds like a Delivery Fee

Sorry here’s the whole sheet. Like I said, I’m not getting this car — just trying to learn why the dealer’s numbers keep coming in $1000 more than the calculator. And I’m guessing it’s because of this COD figure.

Cash on delivery. Maybe they masked the down payment. Technically, their COD means the same as ‘Pay on Del’.
Edit: yep, I see in the last screenshot - it is downpayment.

So on the sheet, that COD gets used as a cap reduction, but then gets added in again at the end as part of the pay on delivery total. Sorry if I’m just being dense, but what exactly are they doing here?

Yes, it is added to your total DAS. They just have your deal with $1,033 down payment.

So it’s basically a pure cash down payment that they used to get the monthly looking lower? And it’s used to reduce the cap cost then re-applied at the end?

It is not re-applied, this is what you have to pay at signing to get to that monthly. On the left they show that it is used as a CCR.

Thank you.

basically 1k DOWN but 3.7k Due At Signing.

Now what is Upfront MNLEASE? Never seen that before. and WOW $565 Registration. I thought CA EV Registration was bad.

MN lease tax

Yeah MN taxes the total lease up front.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.