Company vs Personal lease advice

I am the first employee of a new company, I run everything. The owner has agreed that I can lease a vehicle to use (size wise- between a rav-4 and cx-90 would be optimal, I have 2 kids and I’ll occasionally need to shuttle supplies for work), he doesn’t care how it happens. I could lease in my name, they reimburse, or the company can lease. Any advise on what is best? I’d also be tempted to be able to buy out the lease personally at the end, especially if the buyout will be less than the resale value. I would be okay with the lease payments being a little high to give me a good buyout deal. There is a chance I am not with the company for a full 3 years, so want to be able to get out at any point if I need to. 10k or 12k a year is fine. $500 budget.

Please let me know your thoughts? I’ve searched around and not found much advice on the specific topic. Open to EV. Not many cars qualify for federal + ma state benefits. My wife and I really want a minivan but I think will be out of lease price range.

With current ev market, EV buyout will most likely be more than the MV at that time. Since your company is paying/reimbursing your lease, get lexus RX hybrid, the lease payment will be high but its buyout will most likely be less than MV.

I think that will end up being out of price range, looking for $500/mo or less. Owner’s idea was model Y. Maybe I am best off asking for a fixed monthly stipend for car + insurance, then I can use it however I want.

99% sure that’s not going to happen without negative equity.

Let the company get the car so they can either keep it or eat the NE.

1 Like

self evident

$500/mo effective? Or $500/mo w/, say, $2K due at signing?

One broker in CA has an Odyssey listed for < $500/mo, but there’s $2K due at signing (and broker fee). Perhaps you can similar deal w/ MA.