Commuter section needed

Just to be clear i understand what we are talking about here…
i3 for $200/mo…not commuter
Accord hybrid for 900/mo…commuter?

10 Likes

In a nutshell, that’s why I do not understand this thread.

Back in the day the most popular threads on this forum were cheap Equinoxes and Terrains and Cruzes etc. Those deals are long gone, GM is basically unhackable these days.

I’d love for someone else to do the legwork required to compile the best lease deals in my area every month too :wink:

5 Likes

+1 on this. I’ve not been here for long, but it seems like what gets posted the most freq are the most hackable models.

I’m not seeing a lot of threads here about Maseratis…

3 Likes

You should have seen last year or year before when it was all about Maserati Gnibni for a couple of months…

Some people just don’t think some cars can be commuter cars. Like who would have thought that Tacoma Off-Road can be a commuter car? But for $250 it definitely is a commuter.

it is a function of all operating costs. primarily, the mpgs and lease payment are 99% of the equation.

Some modern leases: electric cars, hybrids and plug-in hybrids. These leases are trickier than average. Right now, the forum is BMW, BMW, BMW. If it is too hard to try a new section and close it if it fails, then you can forget it. But, if it isn’t too hard, what is there to lose by trying?
Call it something else. but at the end of the day, there are those that just need a car to get to work and back.

My Volt is up in 6 months, so I need to start researching. I need 40+mpgs. I will be adding my lease payment and fuel cost together. so your comment is just pejorative.

The problem is no one can understand how and why this section would be there.
Would would post their deal there?
For what region?
What price max?
Only specific car type considered “commuter”?
Why decides what car is allowed to be cooled commuter?
I’ve seen some one hacked BMW 3 series for like $150 per months for 24 months. Is that allowed there?
Is $299 Accord or Camry allowed there?
Or $150 Tacoma SR5?

Do you have an idea how this is supposed to work?

But then cheapest lease someone hacked or offered by broker? With or without eligible incentives?

If you are annoyed with BMW - patience - their time will pass just like many other brands did.
End of last year it’s was QX60. A year before Chevy + Costco lovefest. Who knows how long this one last and what comes next.
BMW will pass. Eventually:)

2 Likes

What is there to gain? I get that you have an idea in your head that makes sense to you, but I don’t understand it.

1 Like

Me too (actually mpge, otherwise screw it)…in fact check the threads i created this year and you will see we may be looking for the same thing. The threads you are looking for are created all the time whenever there are deals available. It’s a bit slow right now on the ev/phev front but you have some time on your hands.

1 Like

I have an aging commuter car by your definition in a 2005 camry…and wanted to replace it with another camry but they don’t lease well.
I don’t want anything with a CVT transmission and lot of the newer cars seem to be heading that route.
Accord 2.0 sport has a 10 speed and those are around 350 with texas taxes…why not pay 140 more to drive a 5 series around…and that’s what i did.

1 Like

This!

I don’t want to pay a broker, but want someone to tell me where to go and who to call to get the deal. I don’t care they put in 30 hours in their search, I should be able to get the deal handed to me.

4 Likes

I’m perfectly fine with referring someone to my favorite shops (and if they’re being a pain in the ass, my blacklisted ones) and let them have a shot at working a deal themselves on the understanding that once they’ve made contact themselves I can’t be expected to intervene on their behalf on the same unit fee or no fee.

1 Like

That’s the thing. If they don’t replicate, the dealer is the scum of the earth, and should be lit up on Google, Facebook and Yelp.

2 Likes

sounds like the homepage. deals handed to people are the theme there.

please close the thread. it is attracting too much negativity. i will not make any further suggestions that could help commuters.

This is becoming a disturbingly persistent theme.

:rofl: :rofl:

Don’t take it personally…we are just being mean girls sometimes.
By all means you should bring up your ideas and help the community grow.

Closed as per OP request