Common Courtesy Goes a Long Way

Right but doesn’t that reinforce the point? Newbies shouldn’t be benchmarking any deal based on marketplace unicorns. If they have a deal in hand they should ask for guidance and search for previously shared deals.

I meant more as of a Black list … Like members who have caused issues.

2 Likes

I agree but there’s no way to control those newbies. 80% come to this forum only for their current deal and will return after 2 or 3 years once their lease ends. You know whats funny is that there is also a category also newbies who come on here will see comments from other members who have used a broker for a deal and will them to disclose dealer information or other details.

I have a thought because I think we’re going off topic for this thread.

We’ve had what I can only assume is a massive influx of new people recently.

Let’s get a PM conversation going with some of our regular brokers and regular posters (who are interested) and come up with some suggestions that we can pass along to the Trusted Hackrs. A few topics I would suggest we can talk about are:
(1) Post organization, dating, and deprecation

(2) Broker registration requirements (to try and eliminate fly-by-night folks and encourage credible dealers/brokers to continue posting)

(3) Consideration around how deals are shared and with what information to eliminate skepticism but also make clear when deals can be replicated/when they can’t.

(4) Other topics.

Thoughts? Good idea, bad idea, may-god-have-mercy-on-your-soul idea?

4 Likes

I think we already had a post going on on item 1) on your list.

The only question I would have about your suggestion would be, is it really up to the trusted hackrs to make the ultimate decision? I would think it would be Michael + Littleviolette. Maybe they entrusted the trusted hackrs to make those decisions…IDK.

The off topic off topic thread!

2 Likes

Good point - it may not be up to the Trusted Hackrs, but I suspect @Michael and @Littleviolette would want their input on whatever we suggest, since they have the lucky privilege moderating whatever gets put into place!

Maybe you should just share these bad apples with @industry_folks members?

4 Likes

Story time:
I had someone take my quote/breakdown and went with someone who beat it by $0.25/Mo.

That’s $9 over 36 Months.

Story time over!

9 Likes

Off-Ramp…:slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, that too…oops :grin:

(I know this is not the PM conversation but to me this is an obvious one that could be fixed quickly)

Change the search feature to sort by Latest Post by default. The current default is by Relevance which I’m guessing weights thread views, likes and number of comments very highly which means that when someone searches it’ll often bring up the post with the best deal but it’s almost certainly very old and out of date. Best example is search for NSX with Latest Post or Relevance.

Auto locking older threads with a final post saying this information is very old and does not apply to the current vehicle market is another good idea, as you can still open a new thread and link to the old topic as reference instead of random old threads being zombified.

1 Like

No dignity. Only happened to me once, but I lost a deal for sub $1, on a $800 / month X5. I just started laughing at the ridiculousness of the situation.

3 Likes

TH’s are like a committee on this forum, I trust our friendly neighborhood bear will lead us in the right direction. If it’s an integral part of how the website’s design and functionality is ran on a daily basis that’s when they will step in. After all there is a reason why they are “Trusted”.

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill

Not sure what was the real reason other than being in the right place at the right time. Just look at @vhooloo - we have to trust his cracked crystal balls??? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Savage… Nowhere is safe.

3 Likes

There’s probably a fair amount of limitation imposed by the software itself: https://payments.discourse.org/

That’s literally what I thought I was going to do when I signed up yesterday but now I’m obsessively researching leases like I’m going to become some lease hero for my friends and family after I take care of my upcoming lease. When I got here yesterday I was just thinking “wow, why the hell would these people just sit around and talk about leases all day.” But now I’m hooked on the strategy and mathematics of it all. I’m also the kind of guy who has 5,000 plus posts on a BMW forum though so I usually find a home and hang out for a bit.

10 Likes

You could call him and just ask him WHY
Tell him you want to make sure there’s nothing that was said/done wrong on your end that you can improve
When you’re done and off the phone, laugh at his bs

And i think its safe to say he is reading this thread as a “visitor” and probably in incognito mode LOL

1 Like

I was thinking if a deal is local and you get paid on the back end, would it be possible to execute a little agreement stating something along the lines of customer paying a fee if he purchases a car from the same dealership where the broker operates?