Coming Soon: Search BMW Inventory Nationwide, a new tool

This is coming soon. It will be very cool.

Under development is a tool that lets you search BMW inventory nationwide, with a high level of filtering possible, down to exact individual options and packages. This has been a little bit of an undertaking, as a a new method for listing the options, which is much more accurate, has been discovered, but it is based on lists that must be manually maintained over time. Theres also going to be server costs, database costs, etc. This is actually so accurate that it will even show you port installed accessories like black kidney grills or M Performance parts.

Right now, it is unclear whether or not this will be free with an ask for donations to help the upkeep of the project, or if there might be something like $1 to access for a day so you can do you search and help prevent abuse of the servers and tools.

If the project is available for free, would you donate to help with manual upkeep and costs?
  • Yes
  • No
0 voters

There is a lot of potential, and we are not limiting this project to just BMW. It is possible that we can start adding more brands to the site if it becomes popular.

It is possible that with some help from @tech_crew we may even be able for you to make it easy to pull a car directly from the site into the calculator.

Without further ado, some screenshots:

12 Likes

Great stuff! I can help add Volvo inventory if you want :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sounds great, and that UX looks downright baller. I assume you guys are hitting BMW search API endpoint directly:

Not sure I fully understand this one, could you please expand on it? Listing vehicle options? As search parameters, or options of vehicles found?

1 Like

Mercedes search looks to be freely available too… Doesn’t require any auth or API keys

2 Likes

I’m going to PM you.

Looks great. How often do you refresh the data, every 24hrs?

Is the BMW Search API on bmwusa.com comprehensive? I often find cars on dealer websites that aren’t listed in bmwusa.com API.

No idea TBH. Haven’t looked into it extensively.

1 Like