Codenamed Electric M5 Tesla Killer in the works

Codenamed G60, 1006 HP, allegedly testing via 7 series mules.

Tesla Model S competitor, and Taycan alternative. I want what they’re smoking over at cars because if this and the Rolls Royce Cullinan and Phantom EV rumors are true, then damn, we got a new luxury competitor.

It will be a hybrid like the 918 spyder tbh, 1000hp is insane though, that’s buggati level like 5-10 years ago.

Speaking of Tesla killer, i have started prospecting the Jaguar I pace which at one time was deemed to be a model X killer. However the discount of 30k is offset by the 37% residual.

I punched in the numbers. At 80k msrp and 37% residual on 36 month lease, this car burns two twenty dollar bills in depreciation every day!!!

So much for gas savings lol.

4 Likes

You’re overlooking the vast amount of people that drive 15,000 mi/month in your calculation

Did you see my lease sheet from May?

MA tax was already built in for you :slight_smile:

You are right. The deal I am looking for is right under my nose. Calling you.

The new i4 is rumored to have over 500 HP too. While the HP numbers are going to be real selling points, the biggest thing I see from customers is the miles per charge. So as long as the new EV cars from various brands can consistently achieve 300+ miles on a charge, I think Tesla will be in trouble.

I dunno. With gas where it is, it’s cheaper to fill with premium than it is to fill at Electrify America, EVGo, etc which are the only game in town for DCFC after you get past the additional time it takes to charge as well as selecting the right stations.

You buy the Tesla because you know the charging network is there to support you when you travel at an affordable price. This is a big part of why we put up with all the other shortcomings and fails.

1 Like

Hp numbers are huge yeah but electric power provides instant torque off the line which is insane, the more I think about it the worse it sounds. Launching humans from 0-60 in 1 second doesn’t sound like a good idea :face_with_raised_eyebrow:. It would however be interesting to see how fast they could get the cars to from 0-60.

Traction becomes a concern at a certain point.

I think Porsche got it mostly right with the geared system as most EV’s fall flat on their face past certain RPM/Higher speed. This also relates to efficiency as much as usable power.

Can’t tell if this sarcasm, but man that iPace is weird looking. More so than buck tooth bmw, and Fara Fail.

I would’ve been all for getting the ipace if it had a better range and they had a fast charging network like tesla. With the Model Y at a lower price point, it’d be a hard sell to get the ipace. I love my model 3 and would love to get a model X if it were at a lower price point.

1 Like

How’s the heating in m3, I heard it was inefficient and a major short coming. MY is looking like dads next car after his current lease, he likes the higher position and how it drives.

1 Like

The heating seems to work great on my model 3, but then again I live in San Diego so my temperature variations go between like 60-80 degrees throughout the year. :smile:

My dad put a deposit down on the model Y a few months ago and test drove one last week and he loved it. He had a hard time getting in and out of my model 3, but the model Y is a perfect height. Tech-wise, I think it’s gonna be a bit of a learning curve for him. Good thing Tesla offers a ton of courses on how to use the car.

There are very few things that I don’t like about my model 3. I’ve been driving it since March 2018 (I was one of the first to get one) and the only “maintenance” I’ve had was a tire rotation and after two years they recommend getting your brake fluid checked which is a $20 fee (which they waived). It’s kinda insane. The car has been getting better and better over the years with over the air updates and not having to ever visit a gas station (charging in the garage) really sweet. I charge at 9c/kWh, so the cost of “filling up” is basically a couple bucks for 300+ miles. In cold climates, that would obviously go up because of efficiency.

1 Like

Yeah that’s true, but I believe tires will allow for 0-60 in close to 1 second. The 918 spyder holds the current record at 2.1 seconds and that’s a hybrid not fully electric, electric cars if done right could have insane range and unfathomable acceleration/top speed.

Here is another Tesla killer that will be killed by Tesla in a short few years…

1 Like

Why does every new electric car that comes out have to be called a “Tesla killer”. If it’s a good car it will do well and if it’s a bad one it will do poorly.
Its seems silly to frame every new EV as a referendum on Tesla.
Can there be a discussion without all the Tesla haters and Tesla fanboys “killing” each other?

1 Like

I’m all for this electric M5. The current and last generations are so digital and synthesized and porky that, who knows, maybe an EV might be a more pure driving experience.

1 Like

Model 3 seems to feel pure enough.

1 Like

That would be incredible if they could achieve that level of traction for a street tire of any type. I believe engineeringexplained on YouTube did a video a while back about the theoretical limits of traction for street tires based on current technology.