Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid. Purchase. Deal Check

Hello!

It’s not a lease but I was hoping to get some input on this deal. Apparently the hybrids are few and far between (at least in the NE) and nobody has them stocked with the sunroof. This one is going to be special-order from Chrysler if I end up committing. There is a dealer over in the Boston area who has one with sunroof “in-transit” but is not responding to my emails.

I’ve emailed five dealers and this is the best deal so far (after a month of back-and-forth). Two of the dealers would straight up not even negotiate more than the Chrysler $1750 Cash.

2020 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid Limited
$50,230 MSRP (Tri-pane sunroof and SafetyTec)
-$2,480 Dealer Discount
-$1750 Chrysler Cash Incentive
-$500 Conquest
-$500 True Car Offer Code

$45,000 Total Sale Price

11% off MSRP after incentives/rebates. Only 5% dealer discount though.

Edit: Adding other info.
The Pacifica Hybrid also qualifies for the full $7500 EV Federal Tax Credit. Massachusetts also has a $1500 EV rebate that is paid in about 90 days from submitting after purchase.

Edit 2: Boston area dealer got back and said they could do $100 better. Original dealer said it would be 6-8 weeks for delivery on the order from Chrysler (and potentially much longer with the whole COVID-19 deal). Going to see if they have a difference in dealer/doc fees that would negate the $100 difference.

Edit 3: Looks like Bonus Drive is $250 for the Pacifica. Nice!

Moved to off-ramp. Not a lease

1 Like

dayum I didnt realize that these pacifica’s were that much.

The discount and incentives are very low compared to the non-hybrid version. Is the gas savings ROI more or less than a decade?

1 Like

Sorry! Wasn’t sure where it would fit best.

It’s no big deal. No need to apologize.

Yea the incentives are pretty good right now for the non-hybrid. We are set on the hybrid though for our current lifestyle and driving situation.

My wife drives about 5 miles on a regular day. The van would also be used for family trips which ramp up quite a bit when the weather warms up. We put about 12k mpy on our last van and the majority of that is summer trips via highway driving.

Is there a specific reason you want the PHEV?

I’ve heard not great things about reliability.

As always, I recommend a used Odyssey :man_shrugging:

It’s mostly a decision to make some effort towards reducing our carbon footprint on a realistic scale. We are certainly conscious of other hybrids or fully-electric vehicles. But the choices become slim when you want to haul around two kids and all the crap that goes with them. A model X is of course an option, but at double the cost.

Wouldn’t buying carbon credits or something be cheaper? Or is that insufficient virtue signaling :laughing:

2 Likes

Ouch, man :frowning:

Definitely don’t buy without extended warranty

Realistic questions:

• do you have report(s) from your energy company? What is the mix of how your electricity is produced? Do you have options to choose source for cost? (Eg I want more renewable and I pay more for it?
  • what is your electric rate for most likely time you’ll charge?
  • own your home? Thoughts on Solar (now or in the future)? That Federal tax credit is dwindling.
  • what is the fuel economy in your current cars?
  • do you currently Terapass or buy carbon offsets? Travel much by plane (work or pleasure)?
1 Like

People need Minivans for two kids now? Never got that memo.

3 Likes

I have opted-in to pay extra for electricity that comes from renewable sources.
$.15/kwh
Currently renting but we have solar panels installed - no battery bank or anything - just goes back into the grid
current family vehicle is 2017 Sienna AWD so 18/24 mpg
Terrapass - never heard of it until now! looking into it and other forms of carbon offsetting!

No, I never said I need a minivan. It is a personal preference to have the extra space. My wife is a nanny for another kid two days a week so we need space for at least three car seats. Sure, we could jam them into something smaller, but again, personal preference. Don’t yuck my yum, dude!

1 Like

Let’s not forget about carpools. It’s can be a lifesaver when you have so many things going on. Seven seater is almost mandatory.

I’ll be “Adam ruins everything”, but my best advice is to stay away from this vehicle. Actually run. I, like you was sold on this minivan. It’s the perfect combination. My wife only drives like 10 miles a day so we’d barely have to use gas. We could still use it for long trips and there’s still a $7,500 Federal rebate. I did a ton of research and bottom line this car is a lemon. There are monumental design flaws and FCA still has not been able to figure then out. The thing sometimes just won’t start. Sometimes it will just die on you. It’s dangerous. Motor trends tester was riddled with problems and spent most of it’s time at the dealer. Maybe look at a hybrid Highlander if you want to save on gas. Honestly, I’d run that Sienna into the ground. Just do yourself a favor and go with something else.

2 Likes

With all the problems, I think any value you intend to have during trade-in would be nonexistent.

Does FCA put the federal and state rebates into their leases? Depends on your lifestyle and miles driven, but that may make a lease more enticing.

FCA is only passing on $1750 of the federal rebate

1 Like

That’s not cool at all. I could only imagine these things sitting on lots until somebody who doesn’t know what they are getting into buys one or Chrysler starts pushing out some insane incentives.