Chrysler Capital lease denied for 1st time car owner

Family member is more than happy to cosign. But the dealership is acting up and seems to be reluctant to move forward. Locked the deal through a reputed broker very active here, but he’s been pretty unresponsive as well.

Not taking any names to protect them of unnecessary negative information, in case they’re actually working towards closing this with me; however, based on the last week since the car’s arrived at the dealership it seems like they have other plans.

Who’s the dealer ?

Since you ordered it , I assume at a discount they wanna sell it for over what your price is :slight_smile:

That’s what I think as well. Like I mentioned, not sharing names for now but will do later today with an update on the situation.

The dealership has pretty bad online reviews tho. :frowning:

Chrysler Capital may have done a payment call for you. Not wanting your payment to be above a certain amount, that could be the only reason why i can think of the dealer would want to stretch the term to 42 months. I would ask if you can do a little more money down, to drive down the payment.

Making a little extra $$ in rate for 6 more months on a deal is a very small amount so i assume it wouldn’t be so the dealer can pick up a negligible amount of profit.

Is it any indication that this “bad” dealer is the one being brokered by a popular broker here?

I find it sad that you have to create a thread regarding your experience with a dealer rather than the broker being on top of the situation, like that’s what a broker is for. Not just selling a lead

1 Like

That sounds logical. Thanks for sharing that.

I believe I’ve made it ample clear that I am not passing judgement (do read my statement below) on either the dealer or the broker. Your message seems to be pushing the message towards an aggressive mood unnecessarily and I’d appreciate if you can retract/ alter the tone here. Thanks

This is a great community and people value each other’s views and opinions, so I would have to disagree with your statement here. I had to work on getting information because my broker had not responded (until this afternoon) for days, which is rare.

3 Likes

@Ansb29

Pls let us know who the dealer is so we can steer clear of them.

1 Like

We don’t even know what the whole situation is yet. I’m with OP that no names needed until the story unfolds.

1 Like

He has posted in LC’s thread already, I remember it. And it’s not hard to figure out anyway.

The dealer may be reluctant to deal with the SSN mismatch, IMO.

1 Like

When they run your SSN, does it result in a 0 score or entirely invalid? A 0 score can be worked on with either a co-signer or more down. A “bad” SSN is an entirely different problem and a major red flag for the dealer/bank. If there is a problem on that end, make sure it was entered correctly into their system (I have seen some unintentionally fat-fingered or they thought a 3 was an 8 on a written credit app). Otherwise, you and the dealer are at the mercy of the bank.

3 Likes

How new is your SSN? And what was the oldest reported activity on your credit?

Getting a lease without having prior auto loan history can be challenging. As for SSN not being found, some systems have a prefix check that automatically kicks out a valid SSN if it hasn’t be programmed yet or someone may have fat fingered it. I have personally had that happen to me with a cable company despite having years of credit history.

CCAP has tiered approvals but if they couldn’t get you approved at all due to SSN mismatch, dealer could very well be reluctant to move forward despite having a co-signer. Good luck!

I guess I dodged a bullet. I’d like to hear your thoughts on the matter.

It’s Darcars, Rockville, MD. Definitely stay away from this dealership. I’ve interacted with multiple people right from Omar Alani who’s the General Sales Manager to Carlos Duarte who’s a sales consultant and there’s been no credibility or accountability anywhere.

Based solely on my experience I think the dealership is trying to build their own inventory through new order builds like mine.

Today, Omar insinuated that despite them providing me wrong lease details (10k instead of 12k) I need to proceed without getting any answers in an extremely rude email and then ‘cancelled the deal’. They will now very conveniently try to sell this above MSRP.

The dealership did not provide any confirmation from CCAP about my tier. They did not even acknowledge my question. It was simply followed by a rude email and a cancellation. I will try to get in touch with CCAP to get some information.

I was prepared to do a one-pay lease. It only got me to Tier 2, however. Dealership seemed more interested in me doing monthly and was able to negotiate Tier 2 without co-signer for monthly payments as well. Any opinions on this?

Short Version: Dealership (Darcars, Rockville) just ‘cancelled the deal’ after sending me wrong paperwork this morning, wrong quotes for the lease and not sharing any communication on credit tier by CCAP.

Broker for the deal has been @AutoCompanion. Can’t complain much about them, they’ve been responsive ever since I first communicated that there was an issue. I feel guilty having to call them twice today over the weekend as the drama unfolded. Otherwise, pretty responsive on messages.

Just lost 2 very critical months of my life. Have a baby on the way and needed the vehicle in preparation.

4 Likes

I am planning on filing a complaint against Darcars at the State Attorney General. Anyone has any experience with this before?

that’s so sad. Especially after submitting a build for a car and waiting.

Try Tacoma one pay might even get you approved independently

So you’re Tier 2 credit. They offered you Tier 2 numbers — Either in one pay or monthly.

Why didn’t you sign ?

1 Like

They gave me 10k miles numbers when I asked for 12k. Found that out when I received the lease papers this morning. Another one of their tactics to waste multiple days.

So you acknowledged my first question . There was no issue there regarding the credit. You’re tier 2, they gave you tier 2.

Regarding the 10k to 12k issue, that could’ve been resolved with a phone call or in the office when you were signing. The finance mgr would’ve just reprinted the contract showing the new miles and updated payment.

You broke up the deal over this? If that’s the case, I don’t blame the dealer cancelling your order and basically telling you to fuck off.

4 Likes

I did not break off the deal. The dealership did when I asked them for correct numbers and CCAP communication as was suggested on this forum.

Just reading the words, “State Attorney General”, tells me all I need to know.

5 Likes