Chevy Volt LT... Did I earn the title of Electric Eliminator? (8300 one pay, 36/15 with XS wear)

I’ll post details later, but I’m picking up my 2018 Chevy Volt LT right now, paperwork signed. $34,950 MSRP with the Comfort Package. Final one pay number for 36 months, 15k miles a year with Excess wear and tear coverage ended up being $8300.00 out the door, effectively 230 a month with zero drive off. New Jersey area. How did I do? Once again thanks to everyone here for the advice, information, banter and inspiration. VERY special shoutout to @chevysalesgirl. Trish, you do God’s work here and your insights are invaluable. With absolutely no incentive or anything in it for her from across the country she offered tons of information and advice that helped make this possible. I can’t thank you enough, and if I wasn’t thousands of miles away I would buy from you in a heartbeat. If you are in her wheelhouse or within traveling distance I cannot recommend her enough!

10 Likes

To really earn the title of electric eliminator you have to eliminate electrics… so need to go post everyday in the Tesla bankruptcy thread!

Good deal though!

3 Likes

One pay with zero drive off, that’s impressive. I might sign up for one of those, maybe two.

3 Likes

How does one pay work if the car were to be totaled? Or would you just pocket the difference on the residual ?

Gap insurance is included and you receive a prorated portion.

Sweet deal!

I will second @chevysalesgirl! She really is awesome to work with.

Any EV rebates available to stack on this in NJ?

2 Likes

They just pass the Federal rebate over to you in the form of 6900 in lease cash. If this was NY it would have been even less.

MSRP: 34950
Selling price: 30600
Rebates: 9252.83 (6900 lease cash, 500 loyalty, 352 GM rewards and I believe 1500 in flex cash made this possible. They told me that the college discount was being applied but I don’t think that’s the case.)
Service contract was 1451 for key replacement, wheel and tire, scratch ding, etc. Would have said no but they made the numbers work with the Flex cash.
47% Residual
00029 MF for one pay
Zip code 08619
Leasehackr score of about 12 and a half years? Anything else I’m missing here?

2 Likes

Wow. That’s a fantastic deal to say the least considering the $8300 includes wear and tear.

1 Like

what did the total onepay end up being?

1 Like

Didn’t see they were in trophy garage. Should have looked there first. Congrats!

2 Likes

8300 out the door with everything included. I took your advice and I’m going to pay off the Malibu separately for tax savings. Thanks again for all your help!

1 Like

Good deal indeed EE (double E).

1 Like

Yeah the service contract was around $1400.00 and there was no way I was paying that. I did some preliminary calculations on the entire deal and was around 8300 not including my Malibu lease return. The actual cost was closer to $7800 so I considered it to be found money and told them that I’d do it for the price I forecasted. Thanks to about an extra $1000.00 in Flex Cash they said yes.

Congrats. I was going to get a volt but i dont think i can replicate this in NY right now. Maybe at year end. Volt is ouselling clarity here before the northeast incentives.

1 Like

You’ve got a good amount of rebates to play with, and dealer discount before rebates on the Volt is much higher than the Clarity. With Loyalty/Conquest and Supplier you should be able to do OK.

Forgot to mention that it came pre-installed with the nice rubber all weather OEM mats, not on the option list, and a set of wheel locks in the glove box too. I didn’t even ask for any of that. I’m still blown away by the fact that I spent the past week shopping the Volt and Honda Clarity everywhere from Connecticut to Maryland and I ended up finding this literally 8 minutes from my front door.

1 Like

Looking at the premier vs touring. Not even going to be close.

I was comparing the LT Volt and Base Clarity. The issue is that the “discount” most Honda dealers are offering is passing over the 3000 in northeast lease cash and not much else. RV is way lower than the Volt too for whatever reason. The Chevy has a lot more room for dealer discount aside from incentives. Mine was 30600, a comparable Clarity would go for 31600 at the absolute best, probably around 32600. That extra 6% RV goes a long way.