Chevy Volt LT 2017 Lease Offer

Hi There Hackers,
Just got the following offer in email from a local dealer in CT.
This is my first time leasing and I’m not sure how to begin negotiations. I will be going for a test drive this weekend and wanted to ask if this is a good deal and where do I have room for negotiations.

Looks like the dealer wants to sell me the car at MSRP ($36,215), so I’m guessing I must have some room there.

Also, Does Chevy pass down the entire $7,500 federal rebate to customer? Looks like this guy is only passing down $4,400.

TIA

If you are new to leasing, you would want to read the following first

• Looks like your RV is 51% and the MF is also on your sheet.
  • What is the Due Upon Signing $2,634.34 (need breakdown)

you’re correct. total due is $2,634.
I’ll get the break down when I go for a test drive.
My goal is to shoot for $500 down and $200 for the monthly payment. Is that doable or am I expecting too much?
I’m in CT and there’s a $3,000 rebate which is factored into the rebates (rebate 4)… I was hoping that this rebate will help me get the lower payment but I can’t seem to beat the prices other people posted without this rebate.

Unless you are very familiar with the numbers backwards and forwards, it is suggested that you separate the test drive vs the actual lease negotiations.

• Test drive is to see if you like the car “in general” (just note down the options)
  • Lease negotiation with all the numbers is separate so you can take your time to hit up dealers for the best price and NOT sitting in front of the salesman

So my strategy should be to get multiple dealers to email me the quotes and negotiate over the phone?

over emails…nothing verbal

1 Like

Since you are already here, I think you should read all you can about what a “good deal” is for your situation. It will be “general” but mostly you have to know the following:

• You want $0 down
  • The total drive-off fees (license, doc fees, acquisition fee, taxes, first month) - you need to know the breakdown and the exact dollar amount
  • The expected monthly payment (with and without tax) from all the math you use on this website. +/- the MSRP. Pick a specific VIN from the car in the lot to work the numbers in advance.

When you show up for the test drive, just do the test drive. Most good dealers won’t really pressure you into a deal if you tell them that you are just doing test drives of a bunch of different EVs.

If they are not pressuring you, ask for the email of the person and then email him later.

If you don’t know the numbers up and down and you suck at math, the MSRP & RV will throw you off real fast and then you waste 4 hours of your life at the dealer.

1 Like