Chevy Trax LT Purchase $13,419

I was originally looking for the cheapest lease I could find when I noticed that Trish (Chevysalesgirl) had listed a Trax LS for purchase at $13,250. It includes $4,250 of rebates that everyone is eligible for as well as $2,500 in lease loyalty rebates. I’m coming from a $60/month Trax lease from 2017 so I definitely was eligible.

I’m in IL and finding a dealer that would get close to $13,250 seemed near impossible even-though there are a ton of Chevy dealerships in the greater Chicago area. They all post good deals online, but then directly lie about them. For example they list the breakdown of the price showing dealer discount and rebates included and a final price. They then list the optional rebates you might qualify for (i.e. the lease loyalty rebate) as a separate item below. When I would speak to someone they would say the lease loyalty was included in the dealer discount. Anyway, typical dealer tactics.

After emailing close to 20 different dealerships I finally got a positive response. Better yet, it was the best deal I had seen. The deal was for a Trax LT with Convenience package for $15,919. When I added in the $2,500 rebate it was $13,419. Almost as cheap as the LS from Trish for a car costing $2,350 more.

The dealer didn’t want me to share their info cuz they can’t replicate the deal, but I wanted to share the deal so you know it’s possible. I’ll also point out that the dealer included $1,000 of dealer cash to get to this price point. So the dealer discount was $3,476 or 14%. Monthly payment is $246 after wrapping the tax, title, license and doc fees in at 4.25% APR for 72 months.

Still can’t believe the price with over $11,000 off which is 45% off MSRP. For the price of two cheap 3-year lease terms I get to keep the car.

Happy Hunting.

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: 2019 Chevrolet Trax LT
MSRP: $24,645
Monthly Payment: $246
Drive-Off Amount: $0
Months:72
Incentives: $4,250 GM Rebates, $2,500 GM Loyalty Rebate, $1,000 dealer cash.
Region: Midwest

7 Likes

Congrats. I went on Carvana and CarMax and saw they’re selling 2016 models with 60,000+ miles for that price.

4 Likes

Thanks Michael. Yeah, I couldn’t believe it myself. Driving to the dealership, which is an hour away, I was so worried they were going to renege on the deal.

I didn’t mention it above, but big shout out to Trish (Chevysalesgirl) for all the help. Your such a kind person. SoCal is so lucky.

1 Like

Nice work! One could easily find who the dealer is with the info in your post. :wink:

Amazing deal @skildner!!!

You should be able to flip this little beast for a profit at anytime. This deal is waaaaaay better than any lease you’d get from GM right now.

One would be wasting their time in doing so as OP stated that it’s not replicable. I’m sure if the dealer wanted to give more of these away they would have asked OP to share contact info.

1 Like

Wow. This is fantastic and beats my Trax LT purchase from December by $1000. Bravo truly a fantastic deal

1 Like

Right! The dealer didn’t want their info shared. :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Great deal. Block out the stock number too if you don’t want the dealer to get hounded. Easy to find which place this was done at.

3 Likes

Done, thanks.

Stack it with GM Buypower card points and they are paying you to take it:)

1 Like

How do you do this?

Thanks for the info. How’d you get the $2,500 rebate?

Can you explain the lease loyalty rebate? Is it some sort of incentive to try to coax a current GM/Chevy lessee over to a purchase? How can I see other models (if it’s offered on other models) with a similar rebate?
Thanks.
Mark

Look on Autobytel to see what models it is offered on. It is called “GM Lease Loyalty Purchase Program” IIRC. You basically just need to have a current GM lease and then you get the rebate only when purchasing a new GM car. The lease does not need to be turned in.

I’m confused…why wouldn’t this deal be replicable?

@wantthedeal This quote is directly from OP. It was VERY easy to find. ThIs dealer simply doesn’t want another loser deal. Incentives have changed for the worse on Trax I believe so it isn’t replicable at this point regardless.

I’m confused too as I explained it in the same sentence and was responding to someone talking about dealer info.

1 Like

I know, I saw he said that. The second part of your response answered my question.

I actually found a Chevy Trax for $15,919, but they already included all of the lease loyalty, employee discount in that price. Looks like OP found that price before the included lease loyalty, employee discount, etc. Interesting it’s the same price, however.

Not sure what you’re getting at. I’m asking why it wouldn’t be replicable. @BoardWalkNJ provided insight though.

It MAY have been replicable at another dealership. Not a guarantee though. This dealer wanted that particular unit gone for whatever reason, and were willing to take a bath on it. That doesn’t mean it will happen on EVERY car at that MSRP. Theoretically, it could have…just not at that location, and with no guarantee. As with any other car deal out there, YMMV.