Looking to purchase (maybe lease) a corvette as an additional car. Allocations are suppose to open this month for 2022 buy outs. Has anyone had any luck getting on the list for these?
So far I have seen dealers charge north of $30k over MSRP for titled 2020 demo’s that are in-stock and some dealers asking for $10-15K north for allocations although most are just happy to charge MSRP. Deposits range from $1,000, $2,000, 5% of MSRP and $10,000.
If any dealers or members have or know of allocation please chime in lets get them sold. Here a picture of my build below; what does everyone think? What does your build look like?
I hate to say it but if you are asking this question now about availability, you are probably too late. Better start calling around and putting yourself on some lists since I am sure they have unfulfilled orders from a year ago waiting for spots and new people calling everyday.
Also don’t lease it. This car will hold its value, even in this crazy market, and it would be a shame to turn it back over to Chevy.
Dealers don’t know allocations yet for MY22 but I have talked to dealers that have a range from 6 people on the list up to 300; depending on the dealer.
Find a dealer with a short list and put down a deposit. They should also be easier to come by once Chevy makes the higher performance versions too.
Just put a deposit on one. $1000 at MSRP. Last year allocation was 150 units and I am 160 in line so let’s hope. Will try to get on at least 1 or 2 more short lists If at MSRP.
Friends don’t let friends spend Carrera S money on a Corvette. Especially a mid engine corvette tuned for under steer.
Have you seen allys residuals on these? They are sky high.
Unfortunately mf is atrocious
At a 1 or 2% mf and provided residuals stay the same, a car at sticker would be in the 5s and 6s.
I tried hard to find one early in the year but it’s just not possible to get anything on ground that was untitled and no miles.
I still would have leased one at sky high mf, held onto for a few months (until end of summer) and bought out and sold the car, unfortunately these bad boys are going for 5 figures over msrp.
My build is only $75k for a convertible.
I inquired with Trish for an in-stock unit a few weeks ago but couldn’t justify myself spending that much over MSRP. Btw, I like your color combo except black wheels. White (Pearl?) on red is my favorite color combo but gunmetal is the darkest I like for my wheels. At MSRP, this would be the best value in its class because it will depreciate next to nothing.
Wheels are Carbon flash with machine lip. Should look sharp. I reached out to Trish before putting deposit no allo.
I have multiple dealers at MSRP for special orders if anyone needs.
Plus the $30k (or whatever) mark-up
Found a dealer that would honor MSRP for an allocation order, just have to wait for the build.
No one knows but they’re saying 12-18 months. If you get an early allocation and the right build maybe even May.
How much do they want for deposit?
I put down $1000, other dealers range from $500 to $10k
I put deposit down on Jan 30. Latest update from dealer is 4-5 more months until my allocation is called. I think 12 months is a reasonable expectation.
Good data point. 2 dealers wanted to sell their allocation for $10k markup…no thanks.
Definitely crazy with many willing to do MSRP and courtesy delivery to your local dealer.
Who is doing free delivery?