Chevy Corvette Stingray Mid-Engine - Now MY 2023

As someone who’s following the market for C8s, I would say it is still not easy to buy one, but it definitely is also getting hard for owners to sell one for a good price. Factors like Z06 hitting the market, Eray coming soon, and competitors like Lotus Emira ramping up all does not help. If the economy turmoil continues and the interest rate stays high, It would be about time for it to start depreciate just like any other car.

1 Like

i know of 3 in ca msrp…

What builds?

3lt 90+ msrp

Seems like those are the ones that are easier to get. The 75K under builds are usually harder to find.

What’s keeping the MMR afloat for these? I tested out some website offers for a 1LT that’s in stock nearby and they were nowhere near this MMR

I’m putting on my tin-foil hat. I think Cox Automotive is artificially floating the values on many of these and the MMR/blue book/JD Power values are no longer accurate representations of car values. I’ve noticed actual retail pricing fluctuating widely from what you see in these calculators. If it’s public-facing, it probably can’t be trusted.

1 Like

I want :disappointed:

1 Like

What do normal dealers use then? I thought it was MMR. I know the online ones like CM, Carvana etc have their own algorithms at this point

Having a hard time parting with this one :weary:

8 Likes

Easily my favorite car

8 Likes

Yea it’s not even close.

1 Like

The factory exhaust is just way too quiet for me, otherwise it is a great car. I’d also argue that the C8 has really drifted away from being a “Corvette”. :zipper_mouth_face:

2 Likes

Dealer has open slot for for last 2023 at msrp. Should I pull the trigger?
What best configuration for resale after I had some fun.

In track mode it’s a little better but still too quiet for me as well. I had a chance to buy a used Borla Atak exhaust for $2000 and it was local. I debated bc I didn’t know how long I was keeping this and it sold! Regretting that big time now!

Mine is a 1LT with the Z51 package. I’ve been getting offers a little above sticker and I paid about $2000 less than that. Don’t think there’s too much to be made with these anymore. But driving it for a while and getting out for cheap or breaking even is cool with me.

3 Likes

I agree and was going to say something similar. The market has dropped quite a bit, unless we were looking at the big brother car. I think its still a fair contender if you’re looking for something fun and not lose a ton.

Yeah lol that would be a tough call. I probably would’ve hesitated/passed myself unless I was certain that I’d have the car for awhile.

1LT no options

Thanks, I passed on it.