Chevy Bolt Lease Vs Purchase - Options?

A lemon law lawyer can also help with this.

1 Like

I asked for swap of collateral but they sent me new lease only option!

I rejected the offer… hopefully they don’t force a battery fix.

You need to move quickly with a repurchase coordinator on getting an SOC offer generated, and finding a dealer with a car on the lot that you can swap into. Over the last few weeks, we’re finally seeing reports on the forum from Bolt lessees receiving notices to bring their MY20 and 21 Bolts in for a battery swap. The batteries are now ready, which is going to make it hard for folks to finish out any SOC claims. Tons of free equity to be left on the table.

1 Like

@lolos - I second this. I connected with a Lemon Law Attorney since GM was messing around and dragging their feet.

7 posts were merged into an existing topic: GM recalling Bolts for potential battery issue

I have a 2021 Bolt LT which i got on lease. Is it too late to start the “substitution of collateral” for the new 2023 bolt?
A lemon lawyer said he could get me a good buyback settlement (money i paid + federal credit) until GM offers me a battery.

I am confused, I like bolt “substitution of collateral” for 2023 will be the best but i am afraid they will offer me a battery instantly!

If you follow the thread linked just above your post (where this is probably better-asked): most people have reported that GM is only offering battery replacement at this point. They have always said “SOC until battery replacement was available” — it appears they are readily available.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.