Chevy Bolt Lease Return Tire Replacement

We are about to return the 2021 Chevy Bolt lease end of the month. It’s under 34k mileage. Our pre-return inspection showed that all 4 tires are worn out (3/32’) and GM will charge $816 for 4 tires. The size is 215/50R17, and speed rating is H. I looked up online and found this one on Fix&Go: NEXEN N’PRIZ AH5 215/50R17, which will cost $550. Do you think GM will accept this replacement? Or any other recommendation?

As long as the size and ratings are the same then GM shouldn’t have any issue with them.

Keep in mind you still have to get them mounted, which will be another $50-100. So for a savings of ~$150 it’s really a personal decision of whether you want to go through the hassle of ordering and getting them mounted vs. just paying the $816 and not having to worry with it.

There are also plenty of places online that sell used tires, I’d first see if you can find any for cheaper.

2 Likes

The inspection is done, it’s a bit late to try to mount used tires.

OP just needs to find the cheapest New Tires that fit. And Speed Rated
@green I found this at America’s Tire (Lots of these in SoCal)
for $430 installed W Rated which are higher than H Rated

1 Like

Thank you Jeff! The installation/recycling fees are included in $550. This makes it ~ $270 difference. I don’t know a good place find the used tires in Ontario area. GM needs receipt of tire replacement, which could be difficult for used tires?

I would find some used tires on United Tires and have them mounted. I did that on my last bolt and they accepted the lease return.

1 Like

They did not ask for any receipts in my case but I replaced them before the inspection

This is the important part. Asking OP to put used tires after inspection is IMO a waste of his time / money.

1 Like

Great finding! looked on America’s Tires. Some ratings of V and W are even under $400 with everything. I think I will go with them. Thank you so much!

1 Like

Other than the tire, I have another question. The inspection report said there is a ding on the right door but we did not see it. His picture is difficult to see because of the sunlight reflection. I am going to show to the dealer when returning it. Do you think the dealer will correct the report?

No, once the report is generated, it’s pretty much set in stone.
HOWEVER
A ding should be free. so how much are they charging you?

$30 for a ding. You are correct. The GM return guide said 4 or more dings per panel is excessive. We should not been charged. I called GM and they ask me to call autovin. It’s not helpful.

It’s not Autovin, it’s GM who will forgive you. Autovin’s job is to find issues and report, it’s GM’s job to decide if it is chargeable. This is the same place you need to send the tire purchase receipt. Not Autovin.

OK. I called GM again and they said the ding is normal wear, they will not charge us. But the GM agent said the tires need to be the same ratings (H). She does not recommend to use a higher rating in case GM will still charge us. Any thoughts?

If they insist on H type well then Wally world got you covered

Thank you! Is this the website? https://www.wallystire.com/
Their checkout is kind of difficult to use

Oh no…sorry for using slang.
Wally World is Walmart.

https://www.walmart.com/cp/auto-services/1087266

lol Their earliest time for installation is next Friday, which is kind of late.
I will go to American Tires for ~ $600
Thank you!

1 Like