Chevy Bolt EUV pricing

Hi,

A local dealer has several bolt EUV demos on its lot. When I inquired about pricing and discounts since they are demos/loaners they told me the following:
“Per GM rules, we are not allowed to discount the vehicles below GM Employee pricing. GM doesn’t even offer any Employee or Supplier pricing on the EUV’s at all, it is straight MSRP of the vehicle.”

Can anyone confirm if this statement is true of if it’s just a line?

Thank you in advance.

Doesn’t sound very believable, but I also am surprised they’ve got 2023 EUV loaners already. (edit: just realized you didn’t specify year so perhaps they’re 2022s)

I’m guessing there will be a ridiculous excess of used 2020-2023 Bolts on lots next year as batteries are replaced and people trade out/return them so you should most certainly have your pick of the litter.

1 Like

I have not logged into the supplier portal since last month, but the EUV had supplier then and I think it does until January. Maybe @chevysalesgirl knows

Does not sound like a dealer I would want to do business with.

It doesn’t really matter if it is a real policy or a policy they created, it doesn’t sound like they are going to sell the car below a certain price. Also, say someone on here said, “that policy isn’t real.” Then you tell the dealership someone online said they’re lying. Do you expect them to say, “you caught us, we will discount the car to exactly what you want now.”
You should figure out how much you want to pay for the car. If that dealer can’t do it, regardless of their reasons, try another. If none of them can, either reevaluate how much you want to pay for the car, or don’t buy it.

1 Like

Right there is your first clue that this is BS. The dealer bought the car from GM. It’s their property. They can pretty much sell it for whatever they want to.

1 Like

I bought a Bolt EV (not EUV) using Supplier and Costco rebates. And got a slight discount on top of that.

This does appear to be accurate if you check out the Supplier website. It’s still meaningless when it comes to how much they discount a car on their lot.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.