Chevy Bolt EUV POS 2024

Was researching the Chevy Bolt I see dealers in California was discounting from MSRP maybe $2000 and up to $3000 in SoCal. Comes 2024 after the POS is in effect discounts are suddenly gone and Alarm added and other ADM to MSRP.

I understand now that Point of Sale is in effect, the cars are more affordable (not really true just instant gratification). One dealer local was taking $2000 off MSRP before New Years, today I check same car is at MSRP plus a $1000 alarm. $3000 swing just because POS is in effect. I think Bolt EUV production just ended but there are a lot of cars on the lot. Any one seen this?

TH please move as the only thread I saw that is similar to this was closed.

Double meaning, now.

3 Likes

Imagine how much extra money people have wasted on cars because they thought they were getting $7,500 “for free.”

2 Likes

And to think I was going to read about another problem Bolt POS rather than Point-Of-Sale rebate :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

These dealers are pos as mentioned by @IAC haha. Double entendres not withstanding, somehow they managed to installed a lot of alarms on New Year’s Eve. One dealer had a bunch of $299 Lynx? While the other added $1000 accessory. I rather them remove discount rather than splicing wire like that other thread when it voids the warranty.

1 Like

It’s probably the POS rebate itself plus

Extra motivation at end of year to hit targets vs none now

Anticipated demand from POS seekers (easy to fleece if that’s their only focus)

1 Like
  1. Don’t fall for it
  2. The old bolt is discontinued so if you aren’t getting like 10k off, go get a Hyundai Ioniq.
3 Likes

I wouldn’t want relics of the BEV dark ages like that on my lot seeing what the competition is cooking up and dishing out.

1 Like