Chevrolet Bolt EV Leasing Headache - Help

Hey guys - newbie here.

I’m trying to get into a EV with a lease. I do like the Bolt, but I’m not tied to it.
So far my two experiences at the Nissan and Cheverelot dealership have been headaches.

Talk to someone on the phone… paints a nice picture… I come in and the price is not even close to what we talked about. Even had one guy bring over his manager. Then try to sell me a car. :man_facepalming:

What should I do? I’m in Tennessee, looking for 24-36 months, and 10k a year.
I see all these hot deals on here, just trying to not get ripped off and keep the price down.

The dealer was telling me 6k down and $450 a month for a 2021 Bolt Premier. That seems ridiculous.
I have great credit also.

I’d be more than fine with an LT. I saw this picture on carsdirect.com
Is it malarchy?

It’s probably like most advertised deals where it’s “taxes and fees extra”

There have been some great nissan leaf prices on here from brokers.

The moment I saw the Down go beyond 2k, I knew the dealer was sitting there without his pants on and waiting for a sucker to show up. Yes, he’s ripping you off…big time.

Sounds like you are wasting your time on the phone. Call a Broker…get a better price.

1 Like

Stop asking dealers how much they want you to pay.

We always recommend the following method before you ever contact a dealership. If you do all of the work up front, you’ll have a stress free dealer experience and set yourself for success.

1. Read Leasing 101 (EDITORIAL | LEASEHACKR) to understand how to calculate a lease payment and the variables. Monthly payment is an output, not an input!!
  2. Pick a specific vehicle that you want to target
  3. Gather the current MF, RV and incentives from Edmunds forums for your zip code
  4. Research the LH marketplace and other deals that have been made recently on your vehicle - what was their pre-incentive discount? How did their lease terms differ?
  5. Plug your numbers into the LH calculator (CALCULATOR | LEASEHACKR), and use a pre-incentive discount similar to what you have seen
  6. Create a target deal, this is what you’re trying to negotiate to. You can try different terms, selling price discount, etc. and see how your monthly payment is affected. It is also possible that different trims of your vehicle may have different MF and RV (i.e. this is very common with GM), so make sure that you look into that. Come up with a set of inputs that give you the output that you want - your desired monthly payment.

With a target price determined, you now have a deal to pursue and compare dealer offers against. More importantly, you have a solid foundation to work from.

1 Like

lol and yes - the whole thing didn’t pass the sniff test.

This is totally new to me. How do I find a broker? Can someone on the forums recommend someone for my area?

I’m down. I kinda liked the Bolt more than the Leaf after driving both, but the Leaf would do the trick.

I looked around to the forum, but all the deals looked expired.
Anything specific you saw I should check out or talk to?

I will do all of this. thank you.

Search in Marketplace, there’s a dealer in Idaho who ships.

Still looking guys…man I’m having a hard time. Most folks I speak with are telling me they’re holding on to their inventory because of the microchip deal.

What’s the best way to get connected with a broker? I was just going to the page and texting the ones I saw with offers I was interested in, but is there a place for my area I can just say “help!?” and put my contact info?

My goal is trying to find any electric lease deal with a low cost.

You can try posting out here:

Just posted there - thanks!

1 Like

You can also look at the Hyundai Kona EV and Kia Niro EV. Other users on this site have posted being able to get into a lease for around $200-$250 a month.

1 Like

I have worn this thing out. I have contacted every Chevy/Nissan dealership for a Leaf or Bolt.
Tons of different reasons why I was shot down - low inventory, don’t support the deal etc.

I did speak with some brokers per the suggestion and same deal. Holding inventory for their respective areas.

I thought of a scenario -

What if I leased a Chevy Equinox or a Nissan Versa or something…just to get my car situation squared away, but then in 6 months or so when this microchip things calms down try to get into a Bolt/Leaf in that lease?

Would that be a stupid idea? Expensive route to consider?

Its a gamble. It’s more than ‘microchips’, that’s just a catchall excuse, imo. If inflation continues to climb, these numbers will last longer than 6 months…much longer.

1 Like

Do you not have Costco?

I don’t - but not opposed to getting one

No, it’s too late you had to had costco in May for this qualify.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.