Check on 2023 Kia EV6 GT and GT Line AWD numbers I plan to offer

I’m hoping to get a gut check on numbers I put together to use on offers for either a 2023 GT-Line AWD or GT on a 24/15 term. I’d mostly like feedback on how reasonable the selling price discounts I’m asking for are. The RV’s, MF’s, and lease cash come from the Edmunds forum, so selling price is the major assumption I’m making. I’ve heard of 15% off in other states, but not sure if that’s even possible in SoCal. Thanks in advance.

GT-Line
Calculator Link

• $413/mo
  • $0 DAS
  • MSRP - $59,865
  • Selling Price - $52,681 (12% discount)
  • 59% RV
  • .00025 MF
  • $10,500 Kia Lease Cash
  • $750 Kia Loyalty
  • $650 Acquisition Fee
  • $662 Registration
  • $85 Doc Fee
  • 7.5% Sales Tax

GT
Calculator Link

• $413/mo
  • $0 DAS
  • MSRP - $63,470
  • Selling Price - $55,219 (13% discount)
  • 58% RV
  • .00002 MF
  • $11,000 Kia Lease Cash
  • $750 Kia Loyalty
  • $650 Acquisition Fee
  • $662 Registration
  • $85 Doc Fee
  • 7.5% Sales Tax

How much due at signing on each?

Numbers look aggressive, but not unheard of. You’ll probably get quite a few no response before a yes, but that’s how it should be.

2 Likes

$0 DAS
I also added the links to the Lease Calc for each to make it easier.

The specific dealer I’m targeting has 10 GT-Lines and 5 GTs that are all approaching or over 1 year on the lot, so very aged inventory.

2 Likes

No need to target one dealer. Be prepared to hear a “no” and move on. For all you know they have this many because they’ve been turning down even less aggressive offers.

Your goal should be to keep going until one dealer says yes; approach more in an increasing radius around where you live.

1 Like

For sure. I’ve already reached out to multiple dealers. I plan to hit the rest in the area over the next few days. The reason I’m targeting one is that they have a lot of aged inventory and we know the main sales manager. If I can get a deal done there, I’d prefer to. I’ll expand my search if none locally are willing to do a deal.

Personally, i make offers sequentially, because when i make offers, i specifically state that if they accept my offer, i will come in within x hours to take delivery. If youre shotgunning out offers, that’s a value that you cant really offer to the dealer.

2 Likes

I like that. Thank you. I’ve only reached out to 3 dealers, so I can still do that. I usually say I’m ready to buy now in my communications, but your approach is more specific and respectful to the dealer.

1 Like

I had reached out to another dealer (who had about 6 black GT lines) earlier in the month. Max discount they would do was ~$5k, but with a marked up MF. I stood by a similar number that you shared here, but they didn’t agree. Hope these dealers will be motivated to move these cars next week.

That’s super helpful. Thank you. You’d think they’d be excited to get rid of a last model year EV that they’ve had for a year, especially since the EV6 is getting a refresh this summer. If I get anyone to bite, I’ll be happy to share the dealer with you.

1 Like

I am no longer in the market as I went for Lucid. Good luck with your search.

1 Like

GT is reasonable. You may have to talk to a lot of dealers but you should be able to get it.

Also I think you’d be better off going with a 24/12 instead of 24/15. The difference in RV is 58% vs 60%. Then pay the overage at the end if you go over.

1 Like

Ended up signing yesterday right around my offer. Below are the numbers. Most of the difference is from the higher msrp. 2023 ev6 GT line AWD in steel matte gray w/ suede seats. Had to drive to a dealer about 2 hours away, but transaction was smooth and just turned in the current lease while there.

3 Likes

How come you settled for GTLine and not the actual GT?

It’s my wife’s car and she didn’t like the reduced range or the seats in the GT (less adjustable/comfortable to her, no heat/ventilation). She thought the GT-line was plenty quick. I tried because I want to go around silently drifting through the neighborhood, but no luck.

I wish I had seen your post sooner. I signed a 2023 GT AWD this past saturday for roughly $307 a month for 24 months and 10K miles with $0 down. I could have shared the offer I got with you to help you negotiate further or could have helped you get a similar deal from here in Texas.

Btw GT does have heated seats, not ventilate though like GT Line.

1 Like

Hi, I am looking for a similar deal as you mentioned (hoping for GT Line but ok with GT if it works out at or around $300 per month all-inclusive with $0 down). Also trying to see if I can get that at 12K miles instead of 10K.

I have PM’ed you in case you can share your deal details.

Thanks for the offer. 10k miles would have been around $355 w/ tax on these terms, so close enough that I wouldn’t have gone out of state. In SoCal, it seems like the remaining 2023 GT’s are getting better numbers than GT-Line AWDs. I had a couple dealers say they couldn’t do anything on a GT-line, but were more willing to deal on a GT. I really wanted the GT, but not my choice in the end. :cry:

I applaud you for the very well prepared post using the LH calc/numbers in support of your target offers! Congrats on new car!

2 Likes