Cheapest possible lease?

Expert hackrs…for cash flow reasons, I’m in the market for the absolute cheapest lease possible.

No restrictions on what type of car, brand etc. Any government rebates, etc would count toward lowering the monthly cost. $0 DAS would be a requirement. I’m based in NorCal.

What cars should I be looking at? Whats a reasonable monthly payment to expect?

I feel like you can get a Chevy Cruze for like $60 a month.

This is completely false and has no basis in fact. Don’t spread falsehoods

7 Likes

Probably a smart fortwo if you can live with 57 miles of range.

You are right. They were $37/month. This was back in 2016, however.

2 Likes

Trump, making America great again has them leasing for double that now :joy::joy:

I noticed a while back that a local Chevy dealer has a bunch of them listed at $10,995 and quite a few Chevy Trax listed at $11,995

With any incentives that would make them very cheap to lease.

1 Like

Probably a Kia Forte would be your cheapest option

Do you even know if there are any incentives on it? What’s the MF or RV? Pulling monthly payments out of thin air is irresponsible and annoying.

1 Like

On top of that, those listed prices are definitely including purchase incentives. There’s no way you’re getting that kind of price on either of those before incentives.

Not $0 DAS, but low monthly… maybe you can work a deal for less at signing?

There’s really no simple answer here. Incentives will vary by region, you need to narrow your focus to certain types of vehicles. A dirt cheap lease doesn’t do you any good if it doesn’t suit your needs. That being said, in the more basic market stuff small crossovers seem to generally have the best incentives at the moment. There are some exceptions, the Hyundai Elantra is frequently cheap, sometimes the VW Jetta, some Subaru Imprezas are cheap at the right moments. You should start by getting a feel in the Edmunds forums on some cars in the 25k range or less and see what the lease programs look like. You are looking for whatever has the best combination of low interest, and high residual value and high incentives.

Ford = Usually bad leases, trucks are an exception, mainly because of the horrible residuals they use.

Kia = Sometimes OK, high incentives but their interest rates are usually trash and they have some awful dealers. Once in a while we see an OK Forte deal pop up.

Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep/Ram = Probably wouldn’t even bother mostly because of terrible residuals outside of the Wrangler. Some third party leases can be interesting on a few models if the dealer offers them. Also a pretty bad dealer reputation, though the Jeep Compass was a good deal for a hot minute. That seems to have dried up.

Chevy/Buick/GMC = Possibly good depending on your region, but in general they seem to have given up on good deals in the sedan market, so focus on the Equinox or Trax, maybe the Encore or Terrain. Trax has the potential for good deals when the Trailblazer hits the lot to replace it, but I have no idea when that will be. If you have a competitive lease GM is good as well in many cases because of Conquest incentives. Also supplier discounts, etc.

Hyundai = Similar to Kia (same company) but less lousy dealers. Elantra leases well sometimes.

Toyota = Corolla or RAV 4 might be your play. High residuals, generally low incentives but volume sellers so discounts are possible. Third party/credit union deals can be good with higher residuals, but that’s tended to apply to the pickup trucks mostly.

Honda = Generally not the best lease, better to buy usually, but every now and then a decent Civic deal pops up.

Anyone else want to add anything?

2 Likes

I guess if a BMW under $150 with zero drive offs is possible then so is this…

If the incentives and sales price are right.

Just how cheap can those go?

One has absolutely nothing to do with the other

1 Like

Same principle applies. High residuals, low selling price, high rebates and cheap interest.

@chevysalesgirl has some good one pay deals or an Equinox at $167 with 2K DAS if you qualify for the right incentives.

Or there’s quite a few $200 cars - Jetta, Sonata etc.

2 Likes

Isn’t the 18 330e still supported for leasing? If so and you get 20% off a demo without nav you’ll be able to hit $150. This is likely do-able in Norcal.

1 Like

His insurance would probably be as much as his lease in this case lol… not sure why people never add insurance into the equation of car ownership

1 Like

Insurance or not, the point is to pay as little as possible to drive a new car.