Cheapest lease deals for my 16 year old niece?

Pretty much all of them?

NJ might be license at 17.

Maybe. Restrictions suck within the 5 boroughs specifically.

Not uncommon for their be restrictions on driving late at night or with having passengers that are under 21 before 18

4 Likes

You also can’t drive on certain bridges

Seems par for the course at Beverly Hills or Calabasas HS. Wonder if those are AMG models that are total budget buys vs G63 :wink:

If you happen to live in Kansas, you can be as young as 14 to drive by yourself on public roads with a farm permit.

I plan to lease something small with all the safety features when my kids turn 16. If it were right now, it would be a Nissan Leaf S. At the very least, we would buy a slightly used, with modern safety features, but sell it when they go off to college.

1 Like

I’d look at the Volvo C40 EV, I’ve been told Volvo is throwing cash at it.

“Safety features”

Don’t drive distracted and you don’t need any of that nonsense

1 Like

There different class of kids some are smart and some are stupid when I was that age I was driving my parents 2004 Nissan Armada they trust me because they know I could drive I pass my driving test with a 2004 Toyota Sequoia. But right lease prices are too high especially for standard sedans in my opinion yes it will be safer with blind spot monitors and prevent collision but the price.

Great car for a younger driver except that it’s very quick.

Even the smart ones are stupid, and more importantly, simply inexperienced. We all like to play the “but i was a good kid that never would have done anything stupid”, but the reality is they’re significantly more likely to get some bumps and scrapes, even the good ones.

3 Likes

I believe it has speed limiter controls so you can control a lot of the power.

There is also the XC40 and I’ve seen a lot of kids in the Mazda CX30.

I know its not a lease but could always try to get a used Corolla and then just sell it after a fee years.

Ehh, I did this when I was a teenager - I don’t particularly recommend it.

You called?

2 Likes

We used to make fun of a coworker who let his daughter drive his Tundra. By the time she graduated from high school, he had to get a new Tundra because the old one had so many scrapes and dents. She flies an F-16 for the USAF now.

4 Likes

Given the high volume of fender benders leaving my daughter’s high school parking lot, I wouldn’t ever recommend getting a vehicle you have to turn back into someone for them to drive. From a crash survival perspective, almost all vehicles built in last 15 years have front/side impact airbags, crumple zones, etc to protect occupants. If you lease and your child gets run into in parking lot (not her fault), you will still have to deal with hassle of getting stuff repaired.

1 Like

https://www.govdeals.com/index.cfm?fa=Main.AdvSearchResultsNew&kWord=Crown%20Victoria&whichForm=vehicle&searchPg=Main

1 Like

Well, truth be told, my wife isn’t the greatest driver, but the accident avoidance system on her Acura has actually prevented fender benders. She grew up in Chicago so she didn’t drive much until we move to California in her late 20s.

Chicago cab drivers taught me how effective certain aggressive driving maneuvers can be. :+1:

1 Like

New or used Bolt. Used electrics now get $4,000 fed tax credit. You could probably get a low mileage used Bolt for under $15k.

3 Likes