Cheapest Crossover/Small Suv to lease? Budget $400 (lower preferred)

Heres the Honda CR-V for 279 including tax if you want to reference this to match down in SC.

1 Like

My under $400/mo. list, I’d drive (at CarMax):

1. Mazda CX-5: The CX-5 is getting very close to the luxury compact crossovers segment
  2. VW Tiguan: Roomy for it’s class, lots of storage space
  3. BMW X2: Sporty, on the small side, but I’ve seen deals for well under $400/mo.
  4. Subaru Forester: Recently updated, more practical than Crosstrek.
  5. Honda CR-V: Always reviews well

+1 for looking around the forum for broker deals.

Happy hunting, and remember, before she signs post the full deal here. We’ll need MSRP, dealer discount, incentives, MF (found on Edmunds), RV (found on Edmunds) to evaluate.

2 Likes

2019 Subaru Outback, the 19’s are leasing for far below $400. A 3.6 limited has been leasing for $325 lately and that is a very well equipped vehicle.

1 Like

You might also check some of the lease transfers here on leasehackr to see if anything looks good.

Search highlander deals, probably one of the better deals going right now

I just went through this with my wife and ended up with a Honda passport ex-l for $340 a month plus tax on a 36/12

So she got this offer which she’s probably going to go with. (Her credit score is more tier 2 than 1)

Honda CRV ex-l at $350 per month with $350 due at signing.

One odd thing the dealership ran her credit, but is asking her if they can send in the bank approval today as well. Does she need to have the bank approval before she is there? I thought you had to physically sign off for them to get a bank to approve a lease.

She’s going in next week when I am able to come with her.

Post MSRP, MF, adjusted cap cost and Residual if you want more help from the forum

Seems you should be able to get this lower with hidden factory to dealer incentives, assuming ~30K MSRP for an EX-L. But you are on the right track

.00069 and 61% No incentives from edmunds
MSRP: 30,795
Discount $2,100

I’m gonna ask some other dealers to see if they can get a higher discount for her, but this is supposedly their invoice pricing since she is a teacher and this is one of the dealerships that gives teachers “their invoice pricing”

I feel like she can get another $1k off.

I told her to tell them no on the bank approval until she’s in there, I feel like if she agrees they will try to lock her in and not discount further.

That discount is rough. There’s definitely room to improve.

Need at minimum another 1K discount with end of year and factory to dealer hidden cash.

See Atlas thread for the "invoice game"dealers play…

Alfa Romeo stelvio

Crazy thing is I called up about 4 dealerships and 2 of them are “going to work on it for me” and the other two just flat out said they couldn’t beat that price and ended the conversation.

I’m going to expand the search area further and see what I can find. She likes the honda for all of the features are her price range.

You could get an Alfa Romeo and you’re looking at a Honda :man_facepalming:

This is what my sister is looking for; but you get me the math on how to get a stelvio in the $399 or lower bracket with 0 down payment because i’d have to consider getting myself one at that price point.

PM If you are serious then I have no problem helping you get one. I’m not a dealer or broker but I can help you out.

I seriously doubt that is possible, low $300’s was only possible recently on left over '18 blowout deals with good incentives, need details

Highlander deal

X2 or X3 could meet her criteria.

Usually that’s correct for the right deal. Less likely with tier 2 credit though.

Forester or Outback can both be lease for well under $400 with zero drive off…depending on how what model, closer to $300. I have both…Forester 19 is fantastic. Great car for LA.

Mazda leases terribly here in LA…maybe better in other parts of country?

Honda I find really ugly (weird coming from someone who owns two Subarus!), and the dash mounted shifter is a deal breaker!

Someone suggested a Highlander, but that is a very large car…felt like driving a boat. Probably terrific for road trips. Also feels really dated.

Good luck!