Cheapest car to lease right now?

I’m 21 months into a 36 month lease and already at my 36k miles. Unfortunately the car I’m in (jag f-pace) isn’t super hot on the used market, and got rear ended this time last year so it has an accident on its carfax making it even harder to get out of.

I think my best bet is to lease something cheap until this lease is up and just turn it in. At this rate if I keep driving the fpace I’ll owe about 5k in miles overages at lease end.

What’s the cheapest thing on 4 wheels for me to put miles on while the fpace sits in my garage for the next 15 months lol?

It’s going to be cheaper to pay the overmileage once you factor in insurance. Cheapest options are likely Bolt and small sedans like Elantra. Read through the marketplace to see what brokers are offering at low prices to gauge the market.

1 Like

I’d venture to guess that the $5k in mileage overage will be your “best” option. Thats about $333/mo for the next 15 months. Even if you got a basic car (think base model Civic/Corolla/etc) for say $200/mo, you still would have the additional insurance cost, property taxes (if that applies to NH), registration fees, and whatnot. Plus, you’d be driving a Civic vs an F-Type. Personally, even if it was $100/mo more, I’d happily pay that to drive a Jag over a econobox.

2 Likes

I saw the first sentence then winced at the second. Not to be the bringer of bad news, but it took covid to sell a 2019 MY diesel fpace at 38% off Msrp all in on a prestige with clean history, and most options and all normal luxury comforts checked.

Tacoma or Bolt

If you really want to save money, you need to get a clunker and sell it for similar ( or more) money than you bought it for next year. You can still use the Jag going on a date. Leasing an econobox will probably not be worth the hassle.

1 Like