Cheaper Leases ~$250 a month

Hi,

I know this isn’t a great post, but i have been reaching out to dealerships on Toyota Corolla Hatch SE, Honda Civic Sport, and Mazda 3’s and have been getting quotes back at around $300-330. I like in 60025 and the leases were 36/12. Due to supply issues dealers wont seem to budge. Is now a bad time to lease? Are there other cars I should be looking at in this range? I have looked through LH, but most cars are higher end that are being posted. Appreciate everyone’s help.

Thanks,

What about Sonata plug in hybrid. A few of 2019s left with great mothly payment in NY state

2 Likes

Short answer: yes.

5 Likes

Appreciate the reference here. I will look into it!

Thought so. Thanks for the response!

My sister just leased a civic hatch about a month ago in zip code 60030 for $280/month with just 1st months payment + dealer fees DAS. 36/12, MSRP of ~$24k. She really liked the Mazda3 as well but the dealer was unwilling to budge. Also the Civic seems to have a higher residual than the Mazda3 and Corolla so that helps as well.

Not an amazing deal but given the current climate it fit her needs.

1 Like

What about @AutoNinjas he has some Mazda deals that seem to fit in your budget.

I just got my sister into a civic sport for 250 a month with first month due. We’re in NJ.

1 Like

NYC based, and i am in Chicago unfortunately.

That sounds like a good deal! I know Chicago leases tax differently, but every dealership has come back with around $325 for that car, and seem unwilling to budge when I try to negotiate.

Are you inside the city limits? Then you can forget about any decent leases with their double tax

What state are you in? @Cody_Carter in socal hooked my Son up with a Camry SE almost 30g sticker for 253 a month all in.

1 Like

It sounds like you are asking the dealers to answer your inquiries with monthly payment figures? Dealers will pad the numbers with profit when you ask that way.

To get the best deal, you need to directly ask for discounts before any manufacturer incentives, and compare the discounts from the different dealers yourself. Use the lease calculator with the residual value and buy-rate money factor to calculate the payments yourself. This is how you will put together excellent deals.

Reach out to @Bostoncarconcierge maybe he can help or knows someone in Chicago that can help.

hey @max_g, can you also tell why?

I am in Cook County, so i believe the double tax still applies there.

In Chicago?

Not me

Inventory shortages … supply < latent demand

Dealers don’t want to discount as much as they used to

1 Like

Unless you are in a dire need of a new lease now (for cheap) I suggest you wait till December at least.

1 Like

60025 is Glenview which is regular cook county taxes
(Not Chicago taxes so no double tax)

You should definitely be able to do much better on a Civic or Corolla, assuming tier 1 credit! Let me know if you need help, I’d be happy to help!