Cheap lease for 20 year old

Hello everyone! My little sister is in need of a cheap lease/finance vehicle in the Atlanta area market. She recently got into a wreck where her car was deemed a total loss. Unfortunately that means ordering a vehicle and waiting 6 months is out of the question. I am willing to travel for the right deal. anyone have any suggestions as to what direction i should be going to find her something? I have been looking at civism but the dealers local to me are charging the Adjusted market value fee and I’m just not comfortable with that right now. Id prefer a cheap lease that i can afford to take over from her in case she goes abroad for med school. Any help is appreciated.

This question is getting asked frequently lately. Beyond the comments you’ll see in this thread, I’d recommend scrolling through recent threads and reading those responses for more input.

Here’s one from yesterday to get you started.

Also, search Marketplace, which has dealer and broker ads, and it’s there to help you find a car.

Good luck.

5 Likes

Hey thanks for the quick response! I saw that post as well but figured that since CA is on the opposite coast I would shoot my shot and see what was available along the eastern coast.

The basic principles are the same. And besides, the car I have here in Ohio I found in Virginia. :slight_smile:

I cashed in some AA miles and some Marriott points, headed for the airport, and drove it back the following day.

The only difference is about $15 due to sales tax.

EVs wildly swing when in NJ due to no sales tax and a rebate, but there is no cheap lease right now, if you want a lease you are looking just south of $400

What you’re looking for doesn’t exist.

You can either finance a new Corolla, Impreza, Soul, etc in the low $20k range or read this thread:

What’s your definition of cheap? $300/month?

1 Like

Im thinking between $3-$400 a month

If $0 Down, try nearer $400/month.

Putting Money Down will reduce your monthly payment but then you are just paying your ‘monthlies early’

Kia Forte, Hyundai Venue are the 2 lowest priced leases but to get that you need a broker such as @Clutch or @AutoNinjas may @AutoCompanion but I’m not sure who can go down to GA.

A Toyota Corolla also comes to mind but it’s more than the other 2.

2 Likes

Why is a lease even a question? A 20 year old soon to leave the country for school should be in a 10 year old civic that happens to be a fine car to drive and will cost maybe $100 in depreciation a month.

Assuming sis isn’t Doogie Howser, it would likely another 2 yrs b/f sis leaves for school. Perhaps that timeframe works out for the OP to take over the lease. But I do agree w/ you that purchasing a used Civic is rarely a bad idea. :slight_smile:

To the OP, I think @Jrouleau426 had mentioned in another thread that a Tacoma might work (I think you a price range very similar to one in that other thread).

Thanks! Also have some Kia Soul and forte in the mid 300s

I’d still suggest buying with a 72 month loan on most cheaper cars. Likely better off in the long run. I can assist with that as well.

I would nix the Tacoma in favor of a Kia Soul or Forte. My V6 had atrocious gas mileage, but my friend got the 4 banger and it was just as bad.

3 Likes

Finance a brand new Corolla LE, Soul, or similar.

Definitely do not get a truck thinking it will be a cheap lease. The MPG will destroy whatever you think you’re saving.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.