Charity lease auction

I’m on the board of a non profit that sends military families on vacation when they return from duty to easier transition themselves back from stressful situations. I’ve been throwing around the idea of doing a raffle to raise money.

Maybe doing a free 2 year one pay lease etc. would that be something people would be interested in?

The company is a 501c, so donations are all tax deductible. Winner could give away the lease if they don’t want it. We sent like 20 families on vacation last year. Just trying to grow the non profit. I donate $50 of every deal I do here already.

No one takes a salary so 100% of the donations go where they should, as it should be.

Thoughts?

12 Likes

Definitely.

1 Like

I’m in :+1:

1 Like

Is someone donating the prize?

If no, I generally prefer just to make a direct donation.

Once there was a guy at work who used to take his kid into the office once a year to sell cookie dough for some school club.

I’d always buy some, with the condition that I’d never receive it.

4 Likes

Yes I was thinking a one pay 2 year tacoma or something. Just throwing around ideas. If you don’t want the lease it could be a cash 50/50 raffle or something. Just trying to brainstorm something fun that would benefit the non profit.

We were planning to do this when tacos were under 200/mo then Covid hit :person_facepalming:t3:

The owner of my dealer is gonna match donations as well. He always matches my donations now as is. It’s really a great non profit with 100% going back to the recipients.

11 Likes

That’s awesome that you give back in this way!

What are you thinking in terms of dollars per raffle ticket(s). Interested one way or the other.

I choose to give back in the animal rescue world through donations and fostering dogs. The point being that I’m glad to see people giving back and whatever the mission is that I hope all people choose to give back in some way!

2 Likes

I’m not sure I just wanted to get some input here to do it. I’d have to raise enough to come close to covering costs or it wouldn’t be worth it. Gonna talk with the owner and see how much he’s throwing in as well

At $50 per person I’d need 140 approx to cover a 2 year tacoma one pay

4 Likes

Yes 10000%

1 Like

I’m in as well

1 Like

I’d take a ticket

1 Like

Maybe it’s too complicated on the back end up you should offer donation tiers with differing levels of tickets. I’d bet you’ll get to your goal a lot faster.

1 Like

I could also do it as a discount towards the lease of your choice/ or purchase or a cash prize . Just throwing around ideas

We’re trying to buy a condo in Disney for the non profit to use so we stop paying for hotels etc for people. So trying to raise cash for that right now. We haven’t sent anyone on trips this year for that reason and we have banked approx $150k towards the $300k we need for the condo! Prob going to finance the rest by early 2024

Once we get the condo we will rent it out to regular families as well to subsidize the costs and put any profits back into the non profit.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/14501-Grove-Resort-Ave-2231-Winter-Garden-FL-34787/2067929561_zpid/?utm_campaign=iosappmessage&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=txtshare

3 Likes

Only risk is someone wins who can’t get approved or has bad credit. You could just add something in the fine print that if they don’t get approved they get the cash value.

1 Like

Why not donate leases instead of vacations? Or a choice between them, maybe?

The purpose is more to help them to transition after getting back from long difficult deployments and spend quality time with their families. As the non profit grows we might branch into some other areas but for now this has been highly successful.

Good idea though as many do have a hard time making ends meet. So a free car for 2 years could be a good thing as well.

3 Likes

If anyone owns a vacation home they have open weeks for, donating it is also a great way to give back. We already have one in Hawaii and colorado. As I said we’re looking to buy one at Disney but we’re def open to all areas!

2 Likes

If you can secure one of the first Land Cruisers and cover a lease, that would be a big ticket item that would get you a lot more $$ than your initial goal. I’m totally not speaking to my own interest :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Agree. A high end car might attract a wider audience. Those who already drive nice cars and those aspiring to.

I could prob do an auction just to get it at msrp :joy:

2 Likes

rig me that one pay lease on the access cab tacoma and ill buy half of them