Changing the price on add ons like VIN etching before signing

Let me answer you truthfully. The idea that I have to pay $300 for a $25 product bothers me, so I asked for it to be removed. The realization that if it was removed I’d be paying $200 (I’m willing to pay $100 if they have to charge for it) or $300 less makes the deal a bit sweeter.

So your basically trying to lower your payment from the terms you agreed to… I shall keep my promise.

1 Like

Don’t mind the payment honestly. Instead of $2200 out of pocket I’d be right where I wanted to be to begin with at $2000. Anyway, I get what you’re saying (just stfu and sign it). I’m just asking the dealer if they can. If I get no where, I’ll just sign and go on living my life.

That charge was in the initial worksheet, so it’s not like they sprung it on you last minute. I don’t see how you can get mad when they’ve been consistent with their position to not removing that fee.

I was assuming I’d have more luck later on I suppose? I asked if he’ll take it off the sell price like others suggested. If they’re insistent that it remains as is, ill just sign. Thanks for the opinions and foresight, the thread can be closed.

Some people seem to have this idea that incrementally agreeing to a price and then whittling down more is a good idea. In the future, just lead with what deal you want.

3 Likes

Interested in your S5 deal, would you mind to share?
Also if you tried your best and still can not get $300 removed (very likely will be the case) , ask them to get you a floor mat for free or something like that. At least it makes you feel a little better.
Does not hurt to ask. Good luck.

It probably bothers the dealer to sell a vehicle with such little profit so now you get some sweet VIN etching.

2 Likes

Ah, I did not realize the monthly and DAS was still what you agreed to. In that case, I take back my advice. Just sign it. You got the deal you wanted, so who cares where they alot the funds? They could charge $10k for the car and $20k for tire shine, as long as the car is worth $30k, I don’t care.

2 Likes