Certified Pre-owned Leases

Mercedes and a few other makers state that they offer leasing CPO vehicles. Does anyone has experience with this? It seems like it could result in good deal if its still under warranty.

I’m specifically looking at an E-class, but also want to know if anyone in general has leased a CPO vehicle.

Awhile back I looked into GM’s CPO leases… Horrible horrible horrible.

MF was high, RV was down the toilet.

Maybe MB is different. Whats the worst that can happen from asking?

The Mercedes dealership told me they don’t lease CPO vehicles and they’d be happy to lease me a new one. I showed them their own website, which advertises the benefits of leasing a CPO vehicle.

1 Like

Demo/loaner CPOs is different from used CPOs. Which does the dealership’s website mention as beneficial?

I know there’s a difference. Their website says you can lease any of their certified pre-owned vehicles, then links to their entire CPO stock, and specifies that you get 1-year warranty for the CPO lease after the 4-year/50,000 warranty expires.

I confirmed it with Mercedes USA as well.

Even though the captive supports used CPO leasing, it doesn’t mean they are really supporting it with low rates and bumped RVs like they do on the new side. This means that the dealers have difficult time penciling deals that make a compelling payment relative to the new lease.

If you were shopping for a lease, how much lower ($ or %) would your payment have to be on the used CPO than the equivalent new car?