Certified Pre-Owned 2021 Mercedes-Benz GLE 350 4Matic SUV

State: Illinois

Hi! I just got a quote for a retired courtesy 2021 Mercedes Benz GLE 350 which has about 4000 miles. The dealership said that the residual value is 56%.

Firstly, this is being sold at MSRP even though it’s a loaner, which I thought was absurd, even in this market. What do you think is a fair evaluation of the car?

You got a build sheet on it? Looks fairly loaded.

1 Like

1 Like

Quote looks high. Way high. Get a breakdown from them (rate, residual penalty for mileage, tax, tags, fees, etc)

2 Likes

That’s what I’ll be asking. I already asked a reduction and the dealer spouted crap about supply chain issues, cars being sold above MSRP etc. If I was willing to pay MSRP, then I did find a new car at some dealer within Illinois.

1 Like

Stuffed like a Christmas goose. Leave some options in those Alabama part bins for the other GLEs.

@Entropy title says 350 but post says 250 — assuming the former?

1 Like

Looking at the build looks like a mid grade.

1 Like

Yup! Corrected.

What do you think is a fair reduction the MSRP?

At least the mileage penalty. Find out the rate too since it looks awfully close to max markup at 150bps based on the payment and down.

It doesn’t matter. The ship sailed as soon as they made their offer. And now it’s anchored.

They’re not going to move enough to make this anywhere near reasonable.

5 Likes

Yikes. Well it’s an amg line which will carry a premium. If you don’t need that, there are dealers in the marketplace quoting sub-$900/mo deals for GLEs on 36/10k leases. It seems that non AMG line GLEs can be found for MSRP.

There’s a CA guy leasing the AMGs for < $900 for a 48 and hardly any down.
OP needs to deal this down.

Effective 1300+ for a GLE 350? God thats horrific

1 Like

Maybe a silly question, but if it’s a CPO car, is this being leased as retired loaner (where the RV [minus mileage penalty], MF, incentive, etc., are all the same as a new car), or is this being leased as an “actual” used car?

Right around that mythical 2% mark that dealers consider a good deal.

1 Like

I tried, but the salesperson did not budge on anything. Says cars are flying out the door. I tried to see if they would get even $1000 off by saying I would pick it up right then just to see if they would negotiate, but they were not interested at all.

Retired loaner, not used.

I’ve looked at the BMW X5, F-Pace. Both aren’t coming in the sub 850s with 5k down. I won’t actually put anything down, but just using it for my calculations atm. Also looked at XC 90s and that seems a bit more possible. I think the Lincoln Nautilus is what I’m trying next. Anyone know what I should be targeting for on the Nautilus AWD Reserve 1?

Oddly interesting that particular car isn’t flying away. :woozy_face:

Chances are, they’re trying another 5 people just like you on the same car and first past the post gets the honor of paying $48,400 to lease a fart car GLE350.

Will it be you? :eyes:

1 Like