CCAP early buyout quote and tags and titling

So I got an early buyout quote from CCAP for my Jeep. In the letter it states I need to set up an appointment with franchise dealer to complete the purchase. However, reading on this forum and talking to the CCAP person on the phone, I can just send them a check for the payoff quote to them directly. My question, what is the easier way to do this? Through the dealer, so they can take care of the tag and titling, or directly to CCAP? If directly through CCAP, how does the tag and titling work? Also, I’m worried about getting taxed twice through the MVA/DMV, if I don’t know what I am doing with tag and titling. I live in Maryland.

Thanks in advance.

sometimes the state requires you go to a dealer and buyout, who would then process all the required items.

CCAP sends that letter out to everyone, regardless of if you have to go through the dealer or not.

The issue you’ll run into with a dealer is they’ll want to charge you extra fees to do it through them. Without knowing how much they want to charge, it’s hard to say if it’s worth the hassle of them doing it for you.

Call a local tag and title agent in MD and ask them how it works. You should not have to pay tax again, but I am sure there are some forms that need to be filled out. Did you check the MVA website for information?Try this website https://mva.maryland.gov/about-mva/Pages/info/27300/27300-30T.aspx

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.