Cathy Wood’s Auto Industry Prediction

How is buffalo dealing with inflammation?

Inflation

1 Like

Per your post, it seems like all the immigrants are coming from one general area of the world. There’s a whole lot of the rest of the world that has great food, too.

Except for the whole VPN designation, but…

Let’s slow it down for a bit.

Some of you folks are way too invested in this

2 Likes

Because all little boys in Naples have fever dreams about waking up to shoveling the 3 feet of snow off the sidewalk in front of their own pizzeria in a town known for broken folding tables and chicken wings.

The fact of the matter is that the larger the city, inherently the more competition you will have in the restaurant space so the better the product has to be in order for the restaurant to stay open. The city with the largest population of a certain demographic will most likely have the best restaurants of their native cuisine. If you are looking for the objectively best restaurants in the country, there is a small French tire company that has a guide for that.

4 Likes

It is not the same pizza unless they are importing water from New Haven to use for their dough.

Best pizza is Pepe’s in New Haven and that is a fact. America's 15 best pizzas

Good point i have had friends open pizzerias in other states and ship the buffalo water in barrels to make the dough with. Even to wash utensils with because it doesnt taste the same.
Especially when one opened in Tampa due to the hard water.

@Dany1122 Strong antibiotics

@aronchi How do you know so much about this Q anon garbage? You can come clean this is a safe space.

terrific documentary on HBO + reading some of your posts gives me a good idea of it.

1 Like

We need Dave Portnoy to solve this pizza dispute

1 Like

Just like we’re all arguably overly invested in lease hacking, no? :wink:

Food is religion for some people (myself included).

I won’t be asking that guy for jacksh*t. Even b/f word of this broke, I saw one of his videos and wasn’t impressed:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/media/2021/11/08/media-barstool-sports-portnoy-insider/

I got a couple pizzerias on Staten Island I would put up against any pie in the world.

1 Like

Speaking of food, after two months: I reallllly want a chopped cheese or a Tony Luke’s cheese steak, or a good Italian sandwich.

I’ve always liked Cathy Woods. There’s a good video she did with Elon Musk and Jack Dorsey called The B Word talking about Bitcoin’s energy FUD. Although when it comes to anything going on in the future whether it be price predictions, industry predictions, etc. you have to take with a grain of salt.

Nathan Myhrvold, of Microsoft and cooking came, has a new, massive book on pizza. Apparently he and a few others have spent a few years researching etc.

New Haven pizza didn’t make the cut. Neither did many of the NYC joints.

Staten Island…one of the few places to make Buffalo look like a top tier destination.

3 Likes

One of the places that did is a pizzeria from Ken Forkish. I can’t get his overnight country blonde recipe (sourdough loaf) to come out consistently, but, when it works, it’s brilliant. I bet he makes an amazing pizza…

1 Like

Or inflation.

There are all kinds of stories about how he’s treated the lowly workers at the restaurants he featured, and it’s been said more than once that he requires advance notice before he meets with gay men because they freak him out so much. And the list goes on.

All that glitters is not gold.

1 Like

So when this transformation to EVs eventually happens, what happens to gas stations? Do I have to take my muscle car to the airport and wait in line for fuel? What happens to gas prices? OPEC?

I guess probably the same thing that happened to guys who sold the old fuel (bales of hay) before :slight_smile:

Spent 3 months on a consulting project in Buffalo. Had really good burgers but the rest of the food was just okay unfortunately. Boston/Cambridge had much better food imo.

Best pizza imo is Rosa’s in queens/middle village (some of you may know the place, where I’ve been eating at since 2002, as the pizzeria from the Billions tv show).

Re Op, no way we get to that place in 2-3 years. As everyone else mentioned; infrastructure won’t be there yet.

2 Likes