CarStub Review / Sold to CarStub

ally sends actual title, it’s just in your name and ally’s name. most buyback companies won’t accept these until it’s clear in your name (which requires a dmv trip and tax payment). carstub and some others take these with lessor on title.

2 Likes

Great experience selling my financed X3 PHEV to Carstub. Josh, the appraiser, was able to secure a buyer with an offer that exceeded the best valuation I had amongst most of the buyers on the LH list.

I received a check on the spot and they arranged for pickup a couple of days later, and payoff was processed a few days afterwards.

2 Likes

Reached out to Carstub to sell a 2022 WRX with 900 miles. Gave me a range of $26-30k on the phone, with $26k being for a car in rough shape and $30k being for a car in showroom condition. Was told to expect something on the higher end if the car was in perfect condition, mentioned some other quotes I had as well.

Took an hour and offered $26k. No explanation, everything about beating my offers in hand went out the window. At least they waste your time in the comfort of your own driveway I guess.

Same experience with them today. On the phone they gave me range of $37K to $43K and when the appraiser arrived he tight away told me that the range was in error and we offer close to KBB. More like $35K to $37K. After 1 hour they offered $39600 which was no way close to the $43K value where they told me my offer would due to its good condition. So I declined. More bait and switch by these pathetic companies that waste your time.

Same experience here last night.
They quoted 37k low end to 42k high end.
Car is in impeccable condition and only 6 months old. When they came, offered 38k saying it has high miles for a 6 month old car.
That’s a sorry excuse because you have to put the miles in their system when you’re trying to get quoted anyway.