Carseat Wear and Tear

Hey all - not a deal related question, but curious what people’s experience has been with leases and car seat indentations/wear and tear. Our family SUV we own we went raw with the kiddo’s car seat against the seat cushion, and 3 years later there is definitely indents I’m not sure will ever fully come out.

I just leased a new vehicle and need to have a car seat in there for daily use. Wondering if people here have used any protectors or cushions they can recommend, or otherwise if people have any advice for car seats in leased vehicles. Would hate to get hit with excess wear and tear charges for a car seat leaving indentations in the cushions.

My inspectors were looking for tears more than ‘dents’

I use the (free) baby blanket from the hospital as a seat cover :grin:
Any type of seat cover/protector will work fine. If you have light colored seats, watch out for color transfers from the car seat material. Just need to put something as a barrier.

And haven’t had any inspector make a fuss of the ‘dents’

3 Likes

My dudes, unless your seat manufacturer makes something for it, I’d avoid just improvising with a blanket. That’s what Stanford hospital told us. I know our clek can use some special seat guard they sell but I think it’s a waste.

5 years back I bought 2 Diono car seat protectors from Amazon for $40 total. These protected the seats very well and there was no indentation of any kind in any of the cars where we used the car seats: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BFQ5BM0/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_5A63DTHEFFYJQMHPQSAC?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1.

1 Like

YMMV but I’ve returned a lease with pretty heavy indents from a car seat (and it was denting both outboard seats and the center, because the seat was mounted in the center) and no one said anything about it.

2 Likes

I second the placing anything other than recommended under the seat it creates space for slack or slipping of the carseat…Its your family so do as you please. My buddy owns a detailing shop and he said all you have to do is apply steam to the seat and the foam reforms. Dealers dont care as other have said its rips not indents.

2 Likes

I will be using some type of seat guard with my car. I’ve seen others use seat protections with no issues. If the car seats is installed properly, there should be no sliding/slipping etc.

I have read some people got charged, some didn’t. Ymmv.

I use this one, which I think I saw from a pic @Bostoncarconcierge shared once

Munchkin Brica Elite Seat Guardian Car Seat Protector, Crash Test Approved - Dark Gray : Target

Beyond the dent protection, its shocking how much sand, dirt, and gunk ends up on the cover when I take the car seat out from time to time. I think its definitely worth it.

1 Like

Yep!

Have and love it.

I love my kids so much but they’re all animals.

1 Like

I use the GO by Goldbug car seat protect in both of our cars. It also has some netting where you can store snacks lol

They really are…I may just buy a retired police interceptor to drive them around in so I can power wash the plastic seats at the end of each week.

1 Like

Lol. We have the same one too!

1 Like

I didn’t use a seat cover and the indentations weren’t an issue. As long as it’s not torn, that’s all that matters

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.