Cars You Bought in 2017 and Plan to buy in 2018

Hello Guys, so this thread is about cars we all bought in 2017 and have planned to buy this year 2018.

You can also post pics of your loveliest rides here.

I will start with:

Jan 2017 : Hyundai Tucson Sport 2017
June 2017 : Mitsubishi Outlander Sport Limited Edition 2017 (Sold)
Aug 2017: BMW 328i xdrive 2014 (Bought CPO) (Sold)
Oct 2017: BMW X1 xdrive 2018 (Bought this while trading in 328i)
Oct 2017: Jeep Grand Cherokee 2018 Altitude (Bought this while trading in the Mitsubishi)

So, i am now left with 3 leased cars right now, the ones i sold were all financed, took a hit on negative equities coz i am young and stupid.

for 2018, i am thinking to add a 4th car to our family, we are 3 people in fam tho.

1. Dodge Challenger AWD or
  2. Jeep Wrangler or
  3. Dodge Durango

lol, i am not sure about what i will buy, but these 3 cars i like the most, so most probably any of these 3. i think Wrangler is best to own for long times and not for leasing.

oh here are some of the pics: yes, i love white colors with black wheels, so i always try to buy/lease cars in white colors and black wheels.

Great to know that I am not alone in my car lease/purchase craze!

Jan 2017 - ND Miata Club MT: Lease terms were horrible so buying was the only logical option. Bought it from Omaha, NE as the dealer there gave me 20% off while the best local offer was about 13%.

Feb 2017 - Mazda 3 Grand Touring HB: Adding the third car to our two person family with the Miata, I needed a cheaper car to replace my wife’s Lexus NX. Managed to get a 0.9% deal on a fully loaded 3.

Feb 2017 - Lexus NX 200t FSport (Sold): Shopped around for the best trade-in, started with Carmax and Echo Park. Then asked Lexus dealers if they can beat Echo Park’s offer and they did. All in all only lost $500 on a 14 month old lease and got back our MSDs from Lexus.

March 2018 - Hyundai Genesis 3.8 Htrac (Sold): I will be returning my Genesis at the lease end since the residual is almost $4k higher than market value. It has been a great car…

May 2018 to September 2018 - Family SUV lease: As we are expecting our first child in July, wife wants a big and safe baby car. Hoping to find a great deal around Memorial Day, 4th of July, or Labor Day. Candidates are Mazda CX-9, Volvo XC90/XC60/V90cc, Subaru Outback, Kia Sorento, Lexus RX, and Mercedes GLC.

2018 should be a fun year :smiley:

1 Like