Cars selling for 27% above MSRP! LOL

These people have definitely not been to LH lately! Try 27% below MSRP!

These 10 new cars are selling for as much as 27.5% over MSRP (yahoo.com)

Who the hell is paying 23% over MSRP for a GLB??

3 Likes

My brain read below MSRP so I clicked on the thread. I want my money back.

6 Likes

It’s ridiculous. Who even wants a GLB?! Almost every dealer has a dozen GLC loaners you can buy well under MSRP.

Who the heck paying 27.5% over for Genesis trash ? :man_facepalming:t2:

Wranglers in second place when the 4XE still exists? There is something off about this.

I believe there is another 1:1 post of this article posted last week. :melting_face:

4 Likes

They obviously didn’t see the Macan loaner deal

2 Likes

I bet the majority of these cars being sold in South Florida specifically Miami.

2 Likes

My local MB dealers has plenty of 2022 GLC loaners listed from 15 to 20% off. Listed with no negotiations!!!
But if you do not want a fart car here is the price LOL

We are definitely in the land of more expensive cars than two years ago, I’ll give it that; but to see 27% above MSRP sales tells me there’s still a ton of speculation out there. The market still hasn’t adapted to accepting MSRP or lower sales. I still think current MSRP prices are already inflated to account for the increased market, plus further dealer markups is further exacerbating the issues.

I think because the average buyer is expecting to may above MSRP for their car cause that’s what’s been happening the past few years, then they accept the listed pricing above MSRP and pay it.

For new car sales, because the average buyer accepted paying above what a car is worth, they will try to recoup some of that so we see a lot of personal listings of used cars above retail because they paid a lot for it just a year ago. Some think they can still flip cars the same, but I think many of those boats have sailed.

1 Like

The divorced rotund woman from the office who is always inviting people to Chili’s for margaritas after work on Friday.

But only after she realizes that no one truly envies her Palisade.

5 Likes

lmaoooo :smiley:

I would like to know who is paying 20% over MSRP for a Macan because I can cut them a deal at only 15% over MSRP.

iSeeCars ranked the 10 vehicles with the largest difference between price and MSRP in February. The Genesis GV70 “won” with an average price that was 27.5% more than its $44,299 average MSRP.

I wonder if they are just taking the base MSRP before options. Then it is easy to see why a Macan is being sold for 20% over MSRP since everyone adds $15k of options. Because I guarantee no one is paying $85k for a $70k Macan.

1 Like

Based on the article, who is paying 56k for a 44k dollar GV-70?

Agree and/or fees/tax included. Most people prob getting some blessings but I really don’t think many people are walking into dealerships and paying 20% mark up on common new cars

A lot of idiots. I have a friend who thinks the car is so “beautiful.” I told him for months that it goes for over MSRP, and he didn’t believe me. He suddenly disliked his Volvo as soon as it was out of warranty (note he complains a lot about things that don’t warrant complaints), and he said, “Well, if I have to pay over MSRP, I guess I will.”

Give him a friendly throat punch for us all.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.