CARB is on deathbed, will this impact auto industry?

If it’s of any consolation to you…we are not the worst :slightly_smiling_face:

California tells Donald Trump ‘see you in court’ as he revokes state’s power to set lower emissions standards for new cars and claims it will save the motor industry and mean ‘jobs, jobs, jobs’

1 Like

In fairness, whilst very unusual, California is not actually currently on fire for a change, so it does seem like a perfect time to revoke this mandate. sigh

The State, consumers, car makers & anyone at all concerned with the quality of the air they breathe don’t want this, who is even lobbying for it? Is it just a case of “Obama introduced it so we need to get of it”

Oil. Burn more of it.

2 Likes

Obama had nothing to do with it…he was sucking lollipops when this was enacted. Trump was cultivating bone spurs…50 years ago is a long time.

Especially now with the more improved extraction tech.

Please lease to CA residents :slight_smile:

Fact check. I thought the bulk of CA pollution came from factories, at least back then (maybe still now?). And I thought the reform that curbed those emissions contributed more to the improvement than CARB did with reducing tailpipe emissions. But I’ve never seen the actual stats.

Trump doesn’t necessarily only destroy Obama’s legacy. He is capturing all 6 elements. Took care of fire last year, water last week, this week it’s air. Or, the big three simply promised him to keep jobs and factories in the US, similarly like they promised the same for the tax cuts.

1 Like

I still can’t get over the fact that a state that’s otherwise a nature and sport lovers paradise is such a pain to live in… (Where else can you go surfing, skiing, and riding up and down sand dunes all in the same day)

1 Like

Pain how?..

By not living there

Sounds like you can’t afford to live in California.

1 Like

I think it is great. Trump is right - California should not dictate what the Federal government has the right to do. Federal emission laws are strong enough. I am tired of paying $3.50 gas when other states are $2.25. Our electricity rates are outrageous too.
God bless America and God Bless Trump! It will go through the courts and the Supreme Court Will side with the Feds!

1 Like

You got it backwards. Federal government gave CA the right to set their own rules. And that’s what they want to keep doing in their state.

7 Likes

During Obama all we heard was “states rights”…now you want the gov to rule all? I get your hypocrisy. Fine, let’s go with that. Next eliminate electoral college…if you truly wanna become a country and not remain a union.

5 Likes

After installing solar panels utility bills are down to almost nothing :slight_smile: California sunshine :sunny::sunny::sunny::sunny:

3 Likes

What I mean is we don’t need to spend tax dollars to continue to do something that has already been done. As you said, other countries are already footing the bill to enforce standards. Let’s just ride in their wake.

This is a different topic. I don’t know the environmental impact of actually manufacturing and recycling a Tesla vs a Camry. To your point, if making a Tesla dumps 1000s of pounds of mercury in the ground, is that fine since it exceeds CARB standards while on the road?

Because I resent paying a ridiculous premium on gasoline and utilities and get nothing extra that I value in return?

1 Like

Not a surfer then I take it? :grin:

1 Like

But he likes himself some of those Cali 740i lease deals!! Ideally he would like the Cali benefits with the North Dakota cost of Living and Montana state taxes …

5 Likes