CARB is on deathbed, will this impact auto industry?

You have a bunch of people that lived through the smog years telling you that the CARB regulations actually made a difference. Is your definition of meaningful results different than mine, maybe?
I take some of you are missing the true end game for CARB…it is not to improve fuel efficiency, it is to switch from fossil completely…and that is in direct conflict with alot of oil rich influential people. Eliminating these standards will do nothing good for the average Joe.

In other analyses I’ve seen, every profit point was factored in, as were taxes and every other cost that can be explained in the other 49 states.

The mystery surcharge is discussed elsewhere. When I have a chance I’ll try to find a different link from a different place that isn’t from a questionable source with a political agenda.

It’s not that.

It’s that cars can’t leave Ma dealer without being registered and ca requires the emissions test before reg

1 Like

Air is clean, freeze regulations and police them. No one wants dirty air.

I was trying (pointlessly it seems) to understand how rolling back emissions standards makes cars safer?

As far as I can understand it - the administration is just using the argument the people are suddenly going to rush out and spend tends of thousands of dollars on a new car because somehow they’re going to be $3k cheaper…because they’re not required to adhere to the stricter emissions standards. The argument makes zero sense.

2 Likes

Cleaner…not clean…unless you are talking about some nice little place in the Sierra forests and not the big metros.
I bet the allergy epidemic we have here in US has something to do with all these toxins we inhale each day.

Just heard it on Howard Stern News: Air pollution makes it down directly to fetuses in the womb. I thought that was pretty obvious, but apparently there is a new study out.

There isn’t enough money in the galaxy to make the air clean enough to please people who think it isn’t clean enough.

Now if you’ll excuse me I’m going to trap some puppies and some orphans in my garage and then gas them with fumes from my 2008 RX350.

Convince a few hundred people to do the same and maybe with we can get SUVs on the list of items that require background checks…lol. Don’t stress to much about it…progress happens with or without you.

I’d rather just ban children.

3 Likes

“Many more cars will be produced under the new and uniform standard, meaning significantly more JOBS, JOBS, JOBS! Automakers should seize this opportunity because without this alternative to California, you will be out of business,” Trump tweeted.

I often wonder if he actually believes what he is saying.

2 Likes

doesn’t matter if he believes that.

Did they play Robin’s song before she read it, with the gong?

1 Like

That man has to be the world’s greatest at getting press. Good or bad, he gets it, and always has. Musk took a page out of Trump’s book. They’re eerily similar.

At any rate, it’s going to be YUUUUUUUUUGE. I mean, bigly!

1 Like

Of course it does. If you lie for money that makes you a good politician. if you do it for pleasure then you may suffer from a pathological liar disorder.

Sure…one finds pleasure in destroying things…the other in building them. One is considered one of the greatest visionaries of our time…the other may already have alzheimer. One has been married 3 times the other…never mind…you are right, they are the same.

1 Like

I thought it was interesting that it costs more or less the same to gas up in HI as it does in CA…

yep, and just after Ronnie lost a car expert challenge to a listener.

Snap, I wanted to hear that. They had him fired up this morning when someone messed with his bagel.

2 Likes

Utility bills in California are even more ridiculous than gasoline.