Car wash ripped off window trim, lease ends Friday

Wife took our ‘21 etron to get car washed today as she cleaned out our belongings getting it ready for lease return. When she stopped by the store right after, she noticed the rear driver side quarter panel (small window) trim was bent back (plastic piece). It for sure can’t be bent back and damage is visible. Called the place they said we’ll need to fill paperwork tomorrow.

Already had lease inspection done 2 weeks ago. Car is due Friday for lease return. I’m assuming this is not going to resolve in a few days. What should I be expecting? I’m guessing I’ll be fronting up the damage costs to Audi while I wait to get some reimbursement from the car wash company?

Washing leased cars is for the weak

9 Likes

The inspection report might work in your favor. Does the car wash have cameras at either end showing it went in undamaged and came out damaged?

If so I’d ask the car wash to agree to pay the bill from Audi when it arrives and write up/sign something

2 Likes

That is what I figured. Anyways my wife told me that during the wash, it stopped for about 5 minutes before it started up again. Maybe the stop to start is what pulled something.

I know you said it’s visible but curious how bad the damage is?

In any event there’s not much you can do other than just turn it in on Friday. If the damage is minor it’s entirely possible it goes through unnoticed.

Worst case Audi adds it to the damage report and says you now owe an additional $X. I’d then take that bill right back down to the car wash…

1 Like

Pictures would help in giving the right advice.

1 Like

I would return the car and not say a word. If you get a bill from Audi after the fact, you can deal with the carwash company then. Lots of variables you can’t control. Unrelated, always use a touchless wash!

Photo

Damn. And there’s no way pushing it back im sure but still worth showing a body shop near by to see if they can help. Some of these off dealer shops can do wonders. (Atleast the Miami ones) i have seen Braman cars being built at a place.

honestly, glue it down so it doesn’t glare and they might not notice it if it goes to auction since you have a preinspection.

Good job on getting the preinspection.

Is it worth to go to the lease ending dealer now and mention it. I’m sure it will be blatantly obvious there is damage, or wait to see what the damage cost is?

What I don’t want to do is get stuck with a damage fee when the final bill comes for example of $1000, that the car wash place says, we’re only giving you $200 for.

How much stock do you own in JBWeld?

1 Like

So there is this liquid adhesive product that is sold in stores. It starts as a liquid but dries and hardens to form a pretty strong adhesive. :grinning: :grinning:

Just be very patient in doing this to try keeping the job super clean.