Car Leasing details and questions

I am planning to lease a car but wondering about specific questions that come with it. So far, I have owned(financed) a car and never had to go through them until now.
My recent inquiries have always been with an annual mileage of 10k/year and a 36-month term. What happens if I happen to overdrive in a particular year and less in others that result in a 30k miles limit at the end of 36 months.
Will, I charged for having driven extra miles within a year.
What happens if I had to relocate to a different state. Am I tied to the dealership where I leased the car? Can I return the car to the same company(Nissan/Honda/Toyota) dealer in another city?
What are any additional fee/hidden charges at end of the lease assuming that I maintain it well?
Thank You.

You tagged as Hawaii! Unfortunately there are often restrictions for mainland dealers to sell to Hawaiians, and dealers in Hawaii have their captive market.

Ofc the same tactics apply but can be met with varying success

Absolutely! As long as you leased the car through the manufacturers bank!

Nothing, maintenance intervals might be sooner but that’s it and completely normal

There is a turn in fee if you don’t lease a car from the same bank again, say bmw to bmw or Honda to Honda

It’s the total mileage at the end of the lease. Extra miles are charged on a per mile basis. Nissan is 25/mile.

No issue if a different state with regard to the financial company but registration will vary.

Nothing except the lease disposition fee but this is waved if you lease again from the same mfg.

More importantly, outside of one or maybe two vehicles, it’s historically the worst time to lease a car. Little to no discount along with high MF = high payment. The best option is to wait it out. If you can’t do that, purchase the vehicle instead of lease as you’ll come out ahead in the current market.

Worst time to lease in the history of auto leases. Keep owning until that changes.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.