Car Lease turn in advise

If you aren’t selling it, NEVER turn in a car inspection free.

And of course the person who posted that is a newer member, and probably hasn’t read the thread where the guy did that and found his car WITHOUT WHEELS!

And BTW the inspection is part of your disposition fee, so why give free money to Merc?

There is an exception to every rule of course. I wouldn’t say “never”, I would say highly opposed to the idea in your case. I , “the newer member” was merely stating my opinion based on my experience as I have written.

Yes, I know you were posting from Experience, and I wasn’t attacking you but did point out you haven’t been here years to read some of the more epic threads about people who turn in cars sight unseen.

Turning in a car that for example has rim rash, might seem minor but to a AutoVin inspector is a $150 fee that a Lessee didn’t expect and can’t fight because it’s too late. Tires and Rim Rash are the most common charges that people never think about unless they are experienced leasers. But those epic threads also explain that if you don’t get an inspection, they will after the fact and you are on the hook for what the car looks like when they show up, not when you turned it in.

On the other side of that coin, a topic that was replied on , and created not one day ago can also prove my point.

Rim Damage

You mean that the person rolled the dice and the final inspection was less than he expected vs getting the inspection early and knowing that number ahead of time?

I don’t see how that proves your point?

My point is you never know. :slight_smile:

Have a good one buddy

The point of my SQ5 turn in story in that thread was to ALWAYS get the lease end inspection done. This is especially true if you have any damage and are debating whether to fix it or not.

In my case the charge for the missing key and no-charge for the curb rash was noted at the inspection around 45 days prior to turn in. I certainly didn’t just drop it at the dealer and hope for the best.

4 Likes

Thanks for clarifying.