Car Insurance Rates

State Farm rates are increasing in Florida
2019 Camry SE $999.05 every six months

Ours in Ohio went up 17.5% in December.

Home policy went up 30.5% at the same time.

No changes to home, cars, or coverages.

I shopped and couldn’t do any better (although I didn’t try any of the riffraff companies, because I wouldn’t entrust the likes of Flo with a $20 bill).

That’s not that bad for FLORIDA the state of insurance crime

Oh and comically low uninsured motorists liability limits

In October 2023, my premiums went up 50%. No accidents, no tickets, clean driving record. Southern California here, using Connect by AMfam (through Costco). Needless to say, I will be switching when my 6 months are up.

Why wait? Your premium that is unused should be refundable.

SF here as well in CA. Homeowner’s up 30% and auto 25% with no events, etc.

30% all around in NC. Sucks I can’t have multiple nice cars. Insurance getting out of hand

Connect by AMfam (through Costco) is no longer accepting new customers in California. The Agent who I use for my home insurance told me he heard that Connect is also refusing to renew some customers in California. My current Connect policy expires in March, so I expect a big increase or a non-renewal.

1 Like

Ca market is worse than most. Lot’s of carriers have left or are no longer writing. The insurance comissioner pretty much messed up the market.

Look at AAA (I have herad they are still writing and competitave).

competitive yes, but they’re also up. $2k over last year home and auto. i’m having to lower some of my limits to get it down some. admittedly, i kept them very high, but you have to make compromises somewhere.

Get personal umbrella for pennies. 250/500 on auto required underlying for most carriers

My Florida auto rates skyrocketed at the end of 2022 around the time Ian hit. Ian flooded tens of thousands of cars in Orlando.

It doesn’t help there are 27% uninsured drivers in this state either and FL is a no-fault state so your insurance will cover the damages.