Car carrier on fire in mid-Atlantic - Porsche and VW inside

More shortages for the VW/Porsche folks

4 Likes

update from the Drive

• 189 Bentleys
  • unknown number of Audi

Sounds like SUVs and eTrons

1 Like

I hope no one was depending on those dealer markup grosses to keep the lights on.

4 Likes

I would not want to be the salesperson who has tell someone in South FL or Palm Springs the white Bentayga they ordered is smoldering at sea.

8 Likes

I weep for @wam22 s 2 lost cars.

1 Like

Some Reddit comments, noted a few 911’s were on that boat

1 Like

My dealer had 1 car on there and of course it was my order. Only reason it was on that boat was because the client switched to PEC delivery last minute. Otherwise it would have been on a different boat since our port is Baltimore and not RI/Jacksonville.

9 Likes

Supposedly Matt Farah’s Boxster was on that boat, which means that nothing of value was lost.

9 Likes

Granted it was a Spyder that he was going to get a kit to make it 4.5L

1 Like

Lmao, you and me both having problems. Trx is still gathering parts - I probably won’t see it till after summer.

2 Likes

Maybe Daddy will let him order some more watches instead to take the edge off!

No worries the dealers are scrambling to find some Bentayga clones aka Genesis GV80 until new ones are built :joy:

3 Likes

But the used car manager will love the opportunity to put the same client into a 3yr old CPO at above original MSRP

4 Likes

Those people are not impressing their neighbors/in-laws with a CPO

3 Likes

G-wagen 200k ADM here we go

3 Likes

I wouldn’t want to be the insurance carrier…

2 Likes

Risks for big items like these are usually spread amongst multiple carriers (re-insurance).

But that sucks… after waiting months and seeing my new toy delayed at best, or totaled by water/smoke/fire damage

3 Likes

My 718 is flying through the production and entered the body shop today. Should be done in a week or so. Luckily I had another client with a Targa 4 GTS going to the same port but missed this boat by a day. Just sucks that my dealer had 1 total car on that ship and of course it was my client’s order.

1 Like

You should use its erstwhile VIN as input to buy a couple lotto tickets :four_leaf_clover:

Your customer should stay indoors for any future lightning storms.

2 Likes

I wonder if the CFO of VW Group will post here.

“My [several thousand] cars were totaled. The insurance company will only pay invoice but the cars were to be sold at an average of 12% above MSRP. Our equity was worth $110 million but they are refusing to pay any of it. Please help!”

14 Likes