Can't seem to figure out numbers on my new lease( Newbie)

Hey All!

This is my first post so go easy on me (even though I have been a lurker for about a year)!

encore

So I just got a 2018 Buick Encore at 24 months and 12,000 per year today and the pictures below are all the stats I have:

What I cannot figure out is that I paid 2169 today for Tax/tags/title (no down payment and MD taxes 6% of the selling price) and my monthly payments are 175 for 24 months. As far as I know that is all that I am paying, 6369, but I cannot find that number anywhere on the sheets or anything even close to it.

Am I missing something orrrrr ??

Thank you!
Justin

Total of your scheduled payments: $4200
Amount to be paid in cash: $2169

Add them up and it’s $6369.

I guess I felt like that should of been on the sheet but if it’s that simple than I’m fine with that! :slight_smile:

Thank you!

That’s what box number 5 is on the pink sheet, it just includes the rebates for some bizarre reason.

This is one of the main aspects that confused me, I was thinking I would have to pay that amount minus all my payments and upfront cost when I turned it in or something. But I think it’s just me worrying about nothing at this point.

Box 2 is the amount due at least signing: $7569
Box 6B shows what makes up that $7569: $5400 in rebates and $2169 in cash

Your total cost over the lease would be $12089 - $5400 in rebates = $6689

Other way to add it up is $2169 up front + 23 x $175 + $495 disposition fee = $6689

So all told, you are essentially paying $265/mo for a Buick Encore ?
I assume with another 9k, you could have bought the car outright.
Dealers in TX are advertising new Encores for $16.5 …

Yea all in at 265, I didn’t claim to get a good deal, I just wanted to understand my numbers better, which now I do!