Can you lease a 2019 model in 2020(early)?

Can I lease a 2019 model in January or February 2020 and will that make it cheaper?

Leasing a 2019 in 2020 won’t necessarily be cheaper

1 Like

Depends on the car, manufacturer etc.

1 Like

Let me answer that. Leasing a 2019 will most certainly be cheaper than leasing the same 2020. The downside is the 2019 inventory will be thin. Your best bet is leasing a 2019 on December 31st 2019 and a 2020 on March 30, 2020. Prior to that please identify the car, options and dealer who have them in stock and ask for quotes via email which you shall post here for feedback. Happy trails!

1 Like

Thank you guys

Why is 12/31 so important? in some cases i experienced, it is not necessarily wait until the very last to get the best lease deal, aside to availability issue.

Main factors affect lease payment: selling price, MF, residual value…by waiting longer, one is betting that the benefit of reduction in selling price and/or MF offsets the impact of lower RV. I have seen Ford lowering their RV meaningfully close to year-end that offsets the benefit from a lower selling price, resulting higher lease payment. this is just for lease case, it pays to wait if you plan to buy.

1 Like

Ford is usually first to end lease support on outgoing model year - in some cases I’ve seen August be the last month they lease the current MY at all depending on sales and shift all incentives to purchase. Likewise I’ve seen some like Mazda not offering any lease incentives on new MY until nearly end of Q1.

Nobody knows what any programs will be next month. It’s pretty challenging to time a future deal (until the car exists, then you can bet there won’t be incentives for a whipe), much easier to gauge a deal today (and if there is a magic good trend like April 2019 for BMWs, you jump on).

BMW had 2018 lease support on the 3 series in SoCal until end of May 2019

I leased my last 4 cars at the end of the quarter literally the very day. The dealership is so busy and focused on numbers that they keep shenanigans to a minimum.

It was here is our offer, I was no this is what these MF and discount should be and we did the deal. In between, the salesperson was literally running and doing another deal.

Of course they can run out of your preferred color/option and I had 2 cars I wanted sold under me. But negotiating with the clock ticking is a high risk high reward strategy which is time efficient.

The finance manager asked me how long I would keep the car. I said swap in a year or less. He then said I won’t sell you any of the bs insurance then and just printed the deal sheet and signed.

Do you guys think bmw i8 can be leased in January or February of 2020??

Probably ? Yes
Definitely? Need a crystal ball.