Can we implement this advertising rule?

Well, shared accounts make sense for business. There are actually 3 people in leasecompanion, as I understand.

I had no idea–who is the third? For a community allegedly built for transparency this doesn’t seem ideal!

1 Like

Brokers may have 10 people working for them, who cares? Rubbergush had different people managing the same account. As long as they work for the same legal entity.

Keywords often overlooked on zee forum

4 Likes

I do? It’s not a knock on anyone, but I generally prefer to know who I’m doing business with.

1 Like

You’re doing business with leasecompanion.

4 Likes

Can I sue a LH username if things go bad?

“Your honor: an anonymous bear on an internet chat board told me this was OK. I rest my case.”

1 Like

How would this sound?

“Your honor: Hershey told this was OK. I rest my case”.

This “can I sue someone argument is ridiculous”, as if you know Hershey’s first and last name.

You can sue a legal entity, in this case, Lease Companion, so it sounds like knowing the name of the business is more useful than specifically who you’re talking to.

2 Likes

No, you’d sue the business you were doing work with

2 Likes

But, I do know this. It’s pretty easy to know!

EDIT: And Curtis, this isn’t really about you, sorry you have become a straw horse here!

Sorry, this is tangled: I am not specifically talking about @AutoCompanion here. I am talking about a scenario where: multiple people use one @ handle, and there is no legal business entity.

1 Like

My point is, you wouldn’t be suing Curtis or Sina in their personal capacities, you’d be suing the business.

You also said you “prefer to know who I’m doing business with” but we’re talking about posts in a thread.

Who is to say they don’t identify themselves when actually conducting business? This idea that this is a transparency is a little silly. I agree it is helpful to know who you’re interacting with since we have developed some personal back and fourth with different people, but at the end of the day, anyone who is authorized to represent that entity can post on its behalf, and thats up to the managers of said entity.

2 Likes

I get your point, and agree. I tried to clean up my ineloquent thought above.

1 Like

Exactly this ^

1 Like

Or we can fix what in a reasonable world isn’t really a problem in the first place. But what do I know? I’m just an entity attached to a paid business login. Beep, Bop, Boop.

Or you don’t have to do business here, if you don’t agree with the current rules and fees.

What I don’t agree with is snap changes with no grace period for transition nor significant input gathering from those most affected like what has been exhibited.

In any case, we are in the suggestions sub forum but if you prefer, I could draft a new thread addressing just the grievances which many will support.

Have a healthy day.

Or people can sign up for multiple broker accounts if there are multiple brokers in a business?

Oh wow, so multiple users can now merge in to make One single User ID to register as a broker ?
Im still stuck in 2019 lolll sorry if this is a late question.

1 Like

as a fellow nyu grad (stern 09), save your money.